So, I decided to post this here. First time I used the lead and bass things separately (for the piano). Keep in mind, I really don't know anything about music theory. But anyway. I kinda like the song, but I guess, the intro could be improved.

So, what should I improve? Maybe the piano around 43-50. Was originally like the piano in the chorus, but it didn't leave enough room for the guitar, so I changed it.

Ps. I think I should get into using scales more, I tried to do it, but I ended up just using what sounded good to me. Any suggestions on which scales I should use?

Pps. Also, what genre would you say it is?
Attachments:
The Overly Whiny March of Mourning.zip
Last edited by Fama at Jan 30, 2007,
I find that the piano part is good, maybe just the last two bars sound weird during the solo(for the piano) but the guitar solo sounds sweet to me, it has some feeling. The only part I don't really like is the first time the guitar kicks in(that part all the way) it sounds a bit dull to me but the rest is very good, maybe try some chords or power chords, or maybe a variation, good job I'd like to see it when you mod it
Quote by razordimeback
The only part I don't really like is the first time the guitar kicks in(that part all the way) it sounds a bit dull to me but the rest is very good, maybe try some chords or power chords, or maybe a variation, good job I'd like to see it when you mod it

You mean with drums or without? I think it definitely doesn't work without drums so well, but I thought it'd go for an intro. Maybe I could try something with only hihat or toms or something. I'll look into it (maybe). Some variation wouldn't hurt, I guess
Quote by Fama
You mean with drums or without? I think it definitely doesn't work without drums so well, but I thought it'd go for an intro. Maybe I could try something with only hihat or toms or something. I'll look into it (maybe). Some variation wouldn't hurt, I guess
No, I was talking about the guitar riff itself, but that's for my taste the rest is good
yeah, it was kinda easy going, i liked that. And i also agree that the main riff lacks drive, maybe use more than 5ths or change the rhythms every once in a while? You're drums were excellent throughout, they carried the song ,they fit in well and they sounded very cool. The lead guitar bits were good, and you don't have to worry about the notes, all the notes you used were in the B minor scale. The only thing i didn't like was the pre-bend and release in bar 25, it just didn't go well with the song. The lead guitar parts were great, you have a good use of rests in there, it kept everything fresh and i liked how you faded it out just before the main riff.

crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512517
(it's the only one you haven't done already )