I think their name is one of the most cuntish I have ever heard. Seriously, enough of the over-long, ridiculous, smartass band names.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I think their name is one of the most cuntish I have ever heard. Seriously, enough of the over-long, ridiculous, smartass band names.

I don't think that two words really counts as an "over-long" band name. I don't really see how its smartass either. I don't think we are even looking at the same band name, it sounds like you are talking about '...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead' or some other band with a name longer than two words . You are wrong.

I like them quite a bit. Almost like a wave of indie dance pop that's very neat in my opinion. Give Me A Wall was great.
iMassively overrated!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Shine On...
I don't think that two words really counts as an "over-long" band name. I don't really see how its smartass either. I don't think we are even looking at the same band name, it sounds like you are talking about '...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead' or some other band with a name longer than two words . You are wrong.

I didn't say that it was all of those things together. Its not a long name, but it sure is a smartass one, in that it begins with an upside-down exclamation mark has a comma in the middle, and ends with another exclamation mark. I don't like those kinda names.

But whatever, I have no intention of checking their music out and will thus exit before I start an argument. *leaves*
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Yeesh, that's so closed-minded of you to reject a band with "no intention of checking their music out". Your loss. I like them, especially 'Nine', 'Eighteen', 'Sixteen' and 'Two'. I also heard one of their new songs 'Breaking, Standing' which is really good as well.

I agree, however, that they really are ridiculously pretentious. The band name, the now defunct habit of naming the songs numbers and the lyrics are mindbogglingly pretentious, but they write good music.

I didn't say I rejected them. I just expressed dislike of their name, and secondly I have so many bands to check out that it's ridiculous. I do not see why I should bother with them because I haven't been convinced by most "indie" music so far, so yeah, I'm not gonna check them out. It's not like "OMFG crappy band name!" *rejects*
Quote by raise_the_dead
I didn't say I rejected them. I just expressed dislike of their name, and secondly I have so many bands to check out that it's ridiculous. I do not see why I should bother with them because I haven't been convinced by most "indie" music so far, so yeah, I'm not gonna check them out. It's not like "OMFG crappy band name!" *rejects*

I didn't say you were rejecting them due to the name, all I said was that deciding not to give a band a chance at all is rather stupid. Anyway, aren't you meant to be leaving this thread before an argument starts?

Goddamit I'm stuck.

Fine fine, I surrender, hand me the myspace link, I'm lazy.

Well, you see, if you have only been into music seriously for about 3 years, and still have a lot of musical ground to cover in about 6-10 different areas of music, you'll be very selective about what bands you want to spend your time on or not
i have seen them live quite a lot of times, ranging from little rooms above pubs to big tents at festivals. theyve been good every time. on record, theyre a little hit and miss i think. the vocals can be a little too much in that setting. nine, eight and eleven are still absolute tunes though. i dont actually have give me a wall strangely, although i do have all the songs up to 18 via demos/live tracks. and ive heard the album. yeah.

i quite like.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Goddamit I'm stuck.

Fine fine, I surrender, hand me the myspace link, I'm lazy.

Well, you see, if you have only been into music seriously for about 3 years, and still have a lot of musical ground to cover in about 6-10 different areas of music, you'll be very selective about what bands you want to spend your time on or not

http://www.myspace.com/forwardrussia I suggest listening to 'Nine' first, then 'Twelve', then the other two. If you want to listen to other songs, see the video for 'Eighteen' here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd9m-w-cEmQ. There are quite a few other youtube videos, so just search around and you'll find lots of their stuff.

^ digging the music, but the vocalist annoys me.
I saw them once at a small venue in Derby. They are a bit overated, but they are a very energetic live band. Good stuff.
Im a Sometimes food.

Quote by platypus
sorry if i seem racist, but i just love it when a white dude bashes a negro.
I think they're pretty awesome, I love the synthy style / dancey parts. Kind of remind me of You Say Party! We Say Die!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
iForward, Russia! are awesome. Looking forward to their new record.

Don't get why people find them pretentious, they're just different.
Last edited by onlyonehere at Feb 2, 2007,
Quote by onlyonehere
iForward, Russia! are awesome. Looking forward to their new record.

Don't get why people find them pretentious, they're just different.

Listen to the lyrics, look at the name. They are pretentious, no question about it. That, however, doesn't stop them making good music.

Quote by robbie
Listen to the lyrics, look at the name. They are pretentious, no question about it. That, however, doesn't stop them making good music.

How is that pretentious...?

Oh noes they have exclamation marks in their name! And the lyrics are more bizarre than anything..
I listened to them in the record store, and I gotta say it was good stuff. I'll probably buy the album eventually.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by Tombe
iMassively overrated!

x2
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by onlyonehere
How is that pretentious...?

Oh noes they have exclamation marks in their name! And the lyrics are more bizarre than anything..

From 'Nine':

"Lost, lost, lost in a sea of conjuncture" (x12 or something)

"Hailed brilliant, another conversation,
but they couldn't touch your Hemingway"

From 'Twelve':

"Burning a path for us to share
Clothes draped on silos near the Emperor's gate now"

"Ninety nine
Two hundred and five
Pyrite
Trickles down the spines of those without their enemies
Real or not, the spine still tingles it
So predictable, but I hope you're that aware
That people will notice this forgery"

That all looks pretty pretentious to me, that is to say the words are often very grandiose with little obvious sense or meaning. They are bizarre, true, but they are also very pretentious. But I stress, it's still great music.

Wouldn't use the word pretensious, i'd just say a bit weird. Class band though.
The Stuff!
Quote by robbie
From 'Nine':

"Lost, lost, lost in a sea of conjuncture" (x12 or something)

"Hailed brilliant, another conversation,
but they couldn't touch your Hemingway"

From 'Twelve':

"Burning a path for us to share
Clothes draped on silos near the Emperor's gate now"

"Ninety nine
Two hundred and five
Pyrite
Trickles down the spines of those without their enemies
Real or not, the spine still tingles it
So predictable, but I hope you're that aware
That people will notice this forgery"

That all looks pretty pretentious to me, that is to say the words are often very grandiose with little obvious sense or meaning. They are bizarre, true, but they are also very pretentious. But I stress, it's still great music.

But they were obviously written for a reason, just because they hold little meaning to you or I doesn't mean that they hold little meaning to the writer. You could say that about thousands of bands, I mean many other lyrics hold no obvious meaning but they obviously do mean a lot to the band in question. Therefore i'm afraid it can't be considered pretentious simply because you, as a listener, fail to grasp the meaning.

It would be like saying Avril Lavigne songs are more poignant simply because they're simple and are easy to understand.
I'm liking this band's MySpace songs, I think I'll check em out.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.