Hey guys, i have a little dillema and i feel that i don't have the knowledge to make a proper decision, so i need your guys help. Basically i can't decide between a standard tele and a classic series 60s one. Obviously, as price dictates, the latter is the better quality guitar. However, i really prefer a tele with a 6 saddle bridge which the standard has and not the classic 60s.

Is the standard telecaster good enough to sacrifice comfort over quality and sound? Or should i put up with the 3 saddle bridge on the classic 60s and get a better sound?

I have tried them both and i really don't know, mainly because there is not too much of a sound quality difference.

I hope its not too confusing, cheers for your help and just ask a question if you don't really get what i'm on about.

Thanks!
the differnce between those if im right is either one is humbucker or/and hollow bodied.

to be honest the 60s classic would be more of a look, esspecially if you cant hear a sound differnce.

if they play simular get the standard because its cheaper! and because they're f-ing cool guitars!

x
If you want a vintage, get the 60s. If you want a modern, get the newer one. They do sound and play differently, but if you can't tell, i wouldn't drop a grand or more on a vintage axe.
I think i must have said this wrong.

The standard tele is about £290

The classic 60's is about £380

They're both single coils only.

The standard has a 6 saddle bridge but not as good a tone, eg, hum.

The classic 60s has a 3 saddle bridge but a better tone, not as much hum.

I am on a pretty tight budget so i can't afford replacement bridges or pickups.

Which would you guys advise, as one has poorer pickups, the other has a 3 saddle bridge which has a bad reputation for being out of tune and being uncomfortable.

Sorry i didnt make it clearer guys.
Hope that stuff helps.
Cheers for comments so far, much appreciated.
i would get the standard and eventually swap the pickups.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011