sorry for my noobness, but how exactly do you convert a loudspeaker(or headphones) into a mic? And how would you record with it?
Quote by Jeff Manthei
um... you cant. you have to buy a mic, or go line-in.

you cant make headphones into a mic.

are you sure? ive seen people write on this forum that a dynamic microphone is the opposite of a loudspeaker and vice/versa. anyways headphones have speakers with them.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Microphones
I thought I'd add a quick section on microphones. Here we go:

Main types:

Dynamic microphones- These are your typical generic workhorse mic. They function by having the sound waves hit a diaphragm, which moves a coil up and down a magnet to create an electric currant that represents the sound wave. Incidentally, this is essentially a loudspeaker in reverse. Bands have used small speakers as microphones before, so if you have some old speakers laying around, you could try this. They're typically good for loud applications, where you don't need alot of fine detail and texture for the sound. Some examples include micing a snare drum or a loud guitar amp. Dynamic mics usually have a tailored frequency response. You might want a mic with lots of bass for bass guitar or a bass drum, or maybe a mic with lots of mids for guitar.

see?
Yeah you can use headphones for a mic.
I used to do it back in the days to make radio shows or something.
You just plugg it in to the mic. dont think the quality is gonna be any good though.
And i dont know how good it is for the mic, but it works.
Quote by psychotim
Yeah you can use headphones for a mic.
I used to do it back in the days to make radio shows or something.
You just plugg it in to the mic. dont think the quality is gonna be any good though.
And i dont know how good it is for the mic, but it works.

thanks man.