Hey, I ordered 3 mono jacks for an a/b box, but I thought mono jacks only had 2 of the little, uhhh, little sticky-out bits (lol, my first build), but the ones that came have 4. I'm thinking that when people say that a mono has only a tip and sleeve, they mean pairs? How do I wire it then? Do I just join the 2 tips with a wire, then join that to the rest of the pedal as I had planned, or do I only use one?

Please, somebody put this noob out of his misery!
sounds like you got stereo jacks to me...but then it still would only have 3 connections as far as i know...hopefully someone else knows better than me and can help!
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
yeah, connect those two that would touch the same metal surface in a mono jack
Ibanez K7
JCM 800
^ Yes. Connect the two that go to the same place on the jack. The two that go to the sleeve should be soldered together and the two that go to the tip. Or you can just solder to one of each - it doesn't really matter.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.