Hi,

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now, have a regular Stagg guitar (piece of shit if you will), and finally have enough money to buy a decent one now. So seeing as my absolute hero is Mr. Jimmy Page, I figured I'd buy a Les Paul like him. Now I've only got enough money to buy a 2nd hand one, maybe of eBay or something, I don't know, but I was just wondering, are there any specific things I have to look out for? Like what kindof wood, strings, pickups, .. it has so I don't get ripped off? I'm not really a genius when it comes to guitar types and brands..

Anyways, hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
i don't think it's a good idea to buy an used gibson guitar from eBay

i'd rather play the guitar myself than just read : "the guitar is in perfect condition the tone is amazing blah blah blah

find a guitar that fits you need in a local store, so you are sure the guitar works fine and you like it's tone
yeah, i've played some les pauls in guitar shops, and a Vintage V100 i tried was better than some of the 2nd hand gibsons they had. most of the gibsons were great, mind, but if you **** with a guitar enough it will come out shit. try any guitar before you buy it
Well the plan was to buy the guitar on Ebay Belgium, and then go pick it up so I can atleast test it out.. But thanks for the fast reply though. I really wish I could buy a brand new one but I just don't have enough money and don't wanna wait another 2 months.
Buy a high end Epiphone maybe?
Not a special though.
Like a Custom or Ultra or something.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
the problem with les paul is that most people hate their tone when they play them (i don't but you need to play it with your amp so you don't get dissapointed when you get home)

also, the les paul doesn't have a really confortable shape and it's really heavy, so keep that in mind
Thanks for the tips Deluxity, I'm pretty confident though that I want this guitar over another, that heavy thing and shape is something I'll just have to get used to.