Page 1 of 2
On the normal models the construction quality tends to be fairly crappy. Pups are pretty shoddy, crappy woods etc.
Everyone sh*t talks BC Rich. They play the stock pickups, then b*tch. Anyone dumb enough to not realize that the pickups are meant to be changed deserves a kick in the head. Metal guitars are made like that usually. ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, BC Rich, ect.

I've got a BC Rich Platinum Virgin. I've replaced the bridge with a Duncan Distortion humbucker plus done a bit of wire work. Sounds f*ckin' amazing.

F*ck everyone who doesn't like BC Rich.
They slag off BC Rich because all the affordable models are made with shit quality control and shit woods. The custom shop models are ferocious guitars, but then again, if you can afford that, just get a Neal Moser
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I have had my share of rich's but not horrible ones, good ones. When I say good ones I mean NJ Classic Bich, Classic Eagle (W/Piezo), and Jr. V, and all of them had a decent sound. It's just that all of them were over 500 bucks. The low end B.C. Rich's are NOT GOOD! The fretboards on every single Rich I played under 400 bucks was sharp and almost unplayable, the sound was dilluted and thin compared to the higher end Rich's, and the worst off, they are horribly uncomfortable to play. So If you save up and pick up a newer classic or even the new I.T. series(<<<<FRICKEN SWEET) you'll be happy with your Rich.
Quote by xSacrilegex
Everyone sh*t talks BC Rich. They play the stock pickups, then b*tch. Anyone dumb enough to not realize that the pickups are meant to be changed deserves a kick in the head. Metal guitars are made like that usually. ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, BC Rich, ect.

I've got a BC Rich Platinum Virgin. I've replaced the bridge with a Duncan Distortion humbucker plus done a bit of wire work. Sounds f*ckin' amazing.

Why would someone build a guitar that the with pickups that are supposed to be changed? if they were going to do that they might as well sell them with no pickups,,,that way it would be easier at least.....
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
BC Rich's look they were designed and shaped by a 10 year old that thinks he knows metal. "Theyre so great!!! theyre so metal!!!! Mick Thompson Plays one so they must be metal!!!!!" No. He doesn't. He now plays Ibanez. Why? becuase BC RIches are ****ing retarded...

With the exception of the NJ Classic Eagle. Thats Gorgeous.

EDIT: Oh and look at the Draco from the latest NAMM show. You cant say thats cool.
BC Rich Bronze, Platinum and most Platinum Pro are made with agathis which most people dislike cos most of UG are anal about woods and think its plywood cos of what someone else has said but in some cases agathis can sound good.

Anyway NJ series are great. Made with mahogany, neck through, and yeah better build quality.
Also they're releasing a lot of new guitars which are neck through and mahogany so maybe they'll start to get better?

EDIT: To that guy above me, your opinion isnt fact, sorry to break it to you, and the statment "Except for the NJ eagle that looks good" made me laugh, IMO some of the shapes suck some look nice, but someone else would have a different opininon, doenst mean i'm right.
Go out play some BC Riches, high and Low end, come back and tell me what you thought THEN you can judge.
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Jan 30, 2007,
i have the feel of them, the big kugly body, the construction.......i wouldnt buy one
|_1√3 1|\| yΩ|_|® \/\/®|_D 93+ p\/\/n3d 1|\| 1\/11|\|3

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
i used to play a bc rich ''revenge'' warlock............but today....i got a Ibanez rg2ex1....and theres no comparison....and im not looking back
Its a bandwagon effect. People jump on them because they're "Cool to hate".

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the Bronze series. However, I played a NJ Warlock at GC, and I was blown away by it.

BC Rich's look they were designed and shaped by a 10 year old that thinks he knows metal. "Theyre so great!!! theyre so metal!!!! Mick Thompson Plays one so they must be metal!!!!!" No. He doesn't. He now plays Ibanez. Why? becuase BC RIches are ****ing retarded...

I seriously doubt you have ever played one at all.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by xSacrilegex

You're stupid.

The reason why most B.C. Rich guitars suck is as this guy stated. You need to change the pick ups. You need to redo the wiring. Maybe then it will sound half decent. They'd be decent if they were $150 less than what they are.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
there is nothing wrong with BC Riches, people play the low end ones and say that all BC Riches are crap. Plus a load of people say that theyre crap without even playing one.

Also the opinion on shapes is entirely subjective. Im not a big fan of the Warlock, beast and Warbeast and Bich. I absolutely love the Mockingbird and really like the Eagle.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by E Daws
You're stupid.

The reason why most B.C. Rich guitars suck is as this guy stated. You need to change the pick ups. You need to redo the wiring. Maybe then it will sound half decent. They'd be decent if they were $150 less than what they are.

Some of us have the time and will save the money to customize our guitars. By customizing, we don't get the same bullshit sound as everyone else playing their Fenders and Gibsons. Amazing isn't it?

BTW, re-doing wiring isn't necessary, it's what I choose do to. YOU'RE the stupid one.
Quote by Punk_Ninja

EDIT: To that guy above me, your opinion isnt fact, sorry to break it to you, and the statment "Except for the NJ eagle that looks good" made me laugh, IMO some of the shapes suck some look nice, but someone else would have a different opininon, doenst mean i'm right.
Go out play some BC Riches, high and Low end, come back and tell me what you thought THEN you can judge.

I own a NJ Classic Bich, Bitch.

Worst present of my life, but my wife didn't know, and it still has sentimental value to me. The finish on it is pretty, but thats about it.
theyre ugly, their low end models are some of the worst guitars ever made, and their high end ones arent that good, you could get way better for such a high price. and their name is sullied by poster boys who buy a bronze warlock to be "h core"

i dont really have anything against them, although i think theyre god ugly
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by xSacrilegex
Some of us have the time and will save the money to customize our guitars. By customizing, we don't get the same bullshit sound as everyone else playing their Fenders and Gibsons. Amazing isn't it?

BTW, re-doing wiring isn't necessary, it's what I choose do to. YOU'RE the stupid one.

Why not save the hassle and just buy a guitar that you won't have to swap out all the parts on? As far as your comment about having the same sound as everyone else, you're buying mass produce parts. You're going to sound like a lot of people.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by toddpens8771
I own a NJ Classic Bich, Bitch.
Worst present of my life, but my wife didn't know, and it still has sentimental value to me. The finish on it is pretty, but thats about it.

So what's wrong with it then? So far all you've said is it's fucking retarded and the worst present of your life (despite remarkably having sentimental value)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Its neck through, yet the sustain is horrible. Ive put numerous kinds of strings on it of all gauges and none sound great, EB 10s sound good, but nothing else. I dont have the time or money to swap pups, rewire, switch pots, ect.... the action is kinda high, and ive done everything i can to lower it, besides filing down and recrowning some frets. theres more but i have to go. ill post more problems with it tomorrow.
i just dont like the looks of them.
if you like the looks, they can be pretty decent guitars
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Basically they're hideous.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Mick Thompson doesn't play BC Rich anymore because he bad mouthed the low end ones in an interview and he got the boot. You don't do that to a sponsor that is paying you and giving you free gear. I'm sure he played them to begin with because he liked them. Besides, he sucks anyways. I have an NT Jr. V with LFR and EMG ZW set that kicks ass. If anything, the neck is a bit thick for my taste, but that I can deal with. It stays in tune just fine and plays wonderfully. Low action, no buzz, smooth ebony fretboard. I can't complain at all. And I got it used with the EMG set for $400 even, with a hardshell case (that is the size of a piano case, but oh well).
I always laugh at stuff like "MY BRONZE WARLOCK SOUNDS AS GOOD AS ANY $2000 GUITAR BECAUSE I INSTALLED HIGH END PICKUP X IN IT!!!!!"

Yup. I've been in a Chevette going 110 mph because it had been modded with a hefty V6 engine. That didn't make it a good car with good handling and a comfortable ride.

Of course you can make any guitar sound better (or at least different) with better pickups. Now compare that low end model with those new pickups to a high end model with the same pickups and you will shit your pants when you hear exactly how much better the real deal sounds and plays.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Old BC Riches FTW!
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
has anyone checked out the B.C Rich website lately? their higher end stuff (not USA) has OFR's on their regular guitars now....this is a step, my opinion on B.C Rich...great guitars, I got no complains from em.
a) They're ugly
b) Low end guitars are TERRIBLE
c) High end guitars aren't that high end... you can get better values elsewhere
d) They're gimmicky.
e) Ugly.
I sick of ppl flaming B.C Rich! They're great guitars and i wont hear otherwise! My B.C. Rich is just a warlock bronze series and its awesome it sounds great on my amp, besides look at the guitarists that use them, kerry king uses a rich flying v, corey taylor uses a warlock when playing with slipknot, falme the warlock and u flame slipknot and i will not have that!
besides if u havent palyed one get off this thread. whats with horribly uncomfortable to play? I play mine everyday and i have no trouble with it its awesome compared to some guitars ive played not flaming any other guitars but some do suck.
yes, BC rich's low end models are pretty crappy, such as the bronze series. poor hardware, low QC, and just overall cheaply made. once you get into the more middle/high end models, they realy are quite nice. some of the new stuff for this year on the BC Rich website looks pretty impressive, to be honest.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Jongpil Yun
a) They're ugly
b) Low end guitars are TERRIBLE
c) High end guitars aren't that high end... you can get better values elsewhere
d) They're gimmicky.
e) Ugly.

my thoughts exactly.......i am not just bandwagoning here....ive owned a bronze warlock and a USA warlock that i paid dearly for....and i was sorely disapointed...the sound was so muddy that if i turned up the gain further than halfway on my fallen angel it turned to total muddy slush.....it wouldnt stay in tune and the tone knobs fell off.....i almost cried that guitar sounded so bad.......thats why i started playing Ibanez..........a cheapie Ibby sounded better than my ''USA" warlock.....im ashamed to say i paid 1400 bucks for that pile of horsesh*t
Quote by Darkone666
I sick of ppl flaming B.C Rich! They're great guitars and i wont hear otherwise! My B.C. Rich is just a warlock bronze series and its awesome it sounds great on my amp, besides look at the guitarists that use them, kerry king uses a rich flying v, corey taylor uses a warlock when playing with slipknot, falme the warlock and u flame slipknot and i will not have that!
besides if u havent palyed one get off this thread. whats with horribly uncomfortable to play? I play mine everyday and i have no trouble with it its awesome compared to some guitars ive played not flaming any other guitars but some do suck.

ummmmmmm....the bands that play those bc richs are paid and there guitars are made by hand by bc richs best makers.........they are a far cry from your ''bronze''
agathis is NOT a bad tonewood. stick african mahogany with cheap pickups and it sounds bad too.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i love these debates.. makes me get up everyday and come to work

like some guy said.. looks IS all subjective... but in terms of sound.. if u have to switch the pickups to get a decent sound then its better to get another guitar u dun have to switch.. but then again.. sound is subjective again..

so in conclusion.. threadstarter (if ur still following this) screw wat everyone says.. go play one that u can afford... one that u cant afford.. and decide if u like them
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
Whether people like a particular shape or not is just personal taste. As far as people thinking it's gimmicky, that's what people said about Gibson in 1958 when they launched the V, Explorer, and Moderne. The Moderne didn't take off, but the V was reborn in 67, and the Explorer in 76, and they both took off like crazy and they're accepted as almost common guitar shapes now, as familiar to any guitarist as a Strat or Les Paul.

I personally like the Bich and Warlock and owned both in the past (80s USA models). They were awesome guitars, and today I regret getting rid of them. I'd been GASing over this gorgeous cherry red Les Paul at a local shop. I HAD to have a Gibson. So I sold the Bich for about $1000 and traded the Warlock in for the Gibson that turned out to be a complete dud. If I had the cash, I wouldn't hestitate to buy another vintage USA model (back when they were actually all made by hand).

Other than the Vs and some Mockingbirds, I hate the rest of their shapes.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
QUOTE]
dude what about almost every c1 schecter... have you ever played the hellraiser
^ He's right though! God damn Evo's in my Ibanez SUCK! I'm going to go glue a penny wrapped in paper clips to my guitar.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Woah, I'm confused now, most people are like "change everything about [insert guitar name] before you start playing it" now its "Its a bad guitar if you need to change the pickups"?

Arent Ibanez stock pickups (minues highest end and signauture models) supposed to be really horrible?
Guitar manufactorers who don't use brand name pickups in their guitars DO usually need a change.
i had a platinum warlock a few years back there are absolutly crap, way thick neck and
bastardly sound sold it as soon as i could , if considering buying one, dont!!! ibanez forever
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Page 1 of 2