ok this may sound the most stupid thing ever butiv got this origional ac30 and its got the 6 inputs ( to bright, 2 normal and 2 vibrato) and i was just wondering how many guitars i can put in it. iv only risked 1 cos i dnot wanna ruin this mint amp.
and is there ne tricks to using them cos iv seen link cables being used on the same amp???
=]
I dont think you are supposed to plug more than one guitar into it. THey are made that way so yo ucan use patch cables to get a different sounds.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Well i think bands used to ues them for vocals, guitars and other stuff because they didnt have enough money for lots of equipment so id say it should be ok to try at least two guitars but im not certain
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
hum i need to be compleatly certain cos i realy dont wanna blow all the monys worth of epuiptment!
=]
Google it and look up it's history and specs.

If you can't be certain, play it safe and plug one in.
Yea just play it safe and plug one in, no point risking it.

And where/how did you get an original AC30?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
ha ha well i acctuly got given it luck git lol and its from the eara that they hand made them with all the trimmings and to top it all off mint condition! yeh i think ill just play it safe and plug in 1 like i normanly do thanks neways!
=]
You complete bastard.
Don't be afraid to care"

It's 2007 Gutch, ....get with the times.
Don't be afraid to care"

i dont know but the guy that gave it to me bought it second hand in the 60s and theres no way of finding out from vox apart from sending it to them NO WAY!
=]
Check serial number.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
yea, check the serial number, speaker cone numbers, etc

there's definitely a way to do it by yourself
oooo cool i didnt think of the speeker cone numbers and you cant date by the vox serial number iv tryed well not since last time i checked neways!

EDIT: ok just checked the cone numbers and there backwards and blured! lol
=]
Last edited by flying-v-dude at Jan 31, 2007,
It's ok to plug 6 in. They were made to do that, back when amps were very expensive. People frequently ran the entire band through one amp- bass, guitars, and vocals. Still, just to be careful with such a treasure I wouldn't plug more than 2 or three in at once and certainly don't do bass or vocals.
The thing you are talking about with the patch cables is bridging. There is usually a high and low input for each channel. Plug your guitar into one of the inputs, now plug the patch cable from the other input on the channel and run it into another channel. This way you can control the volumes of two channels (if they have individual controls) and shape your sound a bit more. I think it also helps get more gain out of the amp IIRC.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
oooooo cool yeh eatch chanel has to imputs high and low so would i have to patch a low and a low or a high and a high?
=]
IIRC, you usually mix them. so if your using the low in one channel for example, plug the high of that channel into the low of another channel. I think that's right.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.