I'm going amp shopping saturday and i'm wondering what you think I should try. I'll be going to leeds with about £1000 on my card but i'm not planning on spending all that! Looking for a combo around 50w and I play everything from indie to punk to metal. I've got a BOSS MD-2 for extra gain and distortion if the amp lacks a bit in that department.
Cheers,
Mr.Hoyo
how much of that £1000 are you willing to spend? what's your guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ha ha that's what I was thinking of looking at! I've got a Gordon-Smith GS it's sweet as hell, Les Paul shape but really light and S/H. I'll spend upto about £500 I think on the amp
Last edited by mrhoyo at Jan 31, 2007,
^ gs's are great guitars.

If you can push that to around £600, I'd consider an engl screamer.

If not, maybe an ashdown fallen angel/randall rg50tc/marshall dsl401/orange rockerverb 30.

but basically try everything you can.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?