Page 1 of 2
ive gotta pick what courses im gonna do at college soon
what subjects are all you other 16 year olds thinkin of takein ?

i can take 4 subjects so im thinkin music, music technology, history, philosophy , english language,psychology , chemistry , biology any 4 of them

anyone do any of these?

knowin me ill get stuck on some boring subject for 2 years
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Last edited by *Spoonman* at Jan 30, 2007,
I did psychology, thought it was pretty boring. Also did history which was ok but the european side is SO boring (you do English history + either American or European). If you pick history I strongly reccomend you take American history over European. As for the others I have friends who took English Language and they hated it
Try narrowing it down to 4, that's the normal amount. I'm doing psychology and i'd recommend ti if you're good at cramming shed loads of information into your head.
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
Well, Physics is possibly the best subject I could ever have taken. Even though it sucked at GCSE, I adore every second of it at A level. I won't influence you, but don't be an idiot and take all the "wussy" subjects like English Language, Media, Music Tech etc. Make sure you take some good sciency ones, you'll have far better job prospects.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
I hate ENGLISH, only do it if you really enjoy it at the moment!
Yesteday Laughs Tomorrow Cries
I just had to pick my courses for my application, I chose Philosophy of Religion, Psychology, English Lit, English Lang and History.

I'm only doing English lit early (just did one of my AS exams) so I can't tell you about the others, but they sure as hell seem damn interesting.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I dont know. But theres this Ad that was at the top of my screen and the girl in it was wearing fishnet stockings but I only saw it at glance and thought her legs were crazy hairy. Now I lost my train of thought...
Take alot of English, though. It's fun to the max.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
A levels are a ****ing joke man.

College ****ed me over.

You don't actually need 2 years of history to get a degree, just be able to write an essay.

There's about 10% of subject knowledge involved. Which is a ****ing joke.
i did english and hated it, same for psychology but psychology at A2 level is so much better im glad i choose it over english!
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by chubbychunks
That's a lot of A levels!

lol i know i need take 4 .they were just some possiblities im thinkin of takein
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Quote by phoenix_88
what!?
european history is so much better
oh.
jk.
you're european thats why.

The course focuses on maybe the most boring period in European history - the religious reformation. It is so so so so dull.
When I did A-levels last year, I did Philosophy, Law and Psychology (A2) with Business Studies as an AS.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

i did pyschology at AS...hated it......just was so boring

the lecturers promised it would be better in the second year...

but i failed anyway :P

oh but did learn about talented monkeys, that was fun lol
I do Music Tech, Maths, Pysics and Computing and they are all pretty good. Maths is quite boring at times but the others are quite interesting.

Check out the MT facilities at the college you want to go to though, if they are sh**e then it will make your life a bit harder.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by BrianApocalypse
A levels are a ****ing joke man.

College ****ed me over.

You don't actually need 2 years of history to get a degree, just be able to write an essay.

There's about 10% of subject knowledge involved. Which is a ****ing joke.

It's true, if you can construct an argument you really don't need to know very much. There is a guy in my history class who knows EVERYTHING. It is really really weird how he knows it all. He got a D at AS because he couldn't construct an argument. I got 2 A's and a C (damn European) in the histroy papers with much less knowledge than him.
I suggest physics, its fun and you learn alot about how everything works, its really interesting.
Chemistry is challenging, biology i don't do but i hear its just remembering facts.
I suggest maths tho. You may find it hard, but it totally pays off and its fun!
Quote by Strongbow
i did english and hated it, same for psychology but psychology at A2 level is so much better im glad i choose it over english!

Which english did you do? Because I'm loving English lit AS. I plan on finishing the course and taking english lang in college.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Joboffal
i did pyschology at AS...hated it......just was so boring

the lecturers promised it would be better in the second year...

but i failed anyway :P

oh but did learn about talented monkeys, that was fun lol

Washoe the chimp?
Quote by Death_switch
Washoe the chimp?

yes!!!

he was so cool

there was another one aswell, forgot his name

something like 'kanzoe' i think

anyway, there damn good monkeys lol
Quote by valentine99
I hate ENGLISH, only do it if you really enjoy it at the moment!

ENGLISH IS ABSOLUTELY AWFUL AT A LEVEL. honestly. well it depends on your teacher, but like this guy said only do if it you love it.

only do music if you know the theory, and are seriously up for it, its not a doss, music tech on the other hand....
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
How on earth is english awful?

I love the subject, despite having an awful teacher.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Joboffal
yes!!!

he was so cool

there was another one aswell, forgot his name

something like 'kanzoe' i think

anyway, there damn good monkeys lol

Lol in the practice exam there was a question 'Why did the researchers tickle Washoe?'
The correct answer was because they did it as a reward for learning the sign language yet somebody managed to put 'because she didn't like it and had to learn how to tell them to stop' as their answer. Our Psychology teacher couldn't help but tell us that.
Quote by *Spoonman*
ive gotta pick what courses im gonna do at college soon
what subjects are all you other 16 year olds thinkin of takein ?

im thinkin music, music technology, history, philosophy , english language,psychology , chemistry , biology

anyone do any of these?

knowin me ill get stuck on some boring subject for 2 years

Trust me. You dont want to do THAT many A levels. Thats a bloody lot. Most Universities will accept 3 high grade A levels. You dont need 8. You wouldnt have time for sleep if you did...
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
lol, did u have to take the 3 hour exam at the end of the year?

my god that sucked

the only good thing i did in psychology (bar the monkeys) was making a creme egg into a mouse haha
Quote by Death_switch
It's true, if you can construct an argument you really don't need to know very much. There is a guy in my history class who knows EVERYTHING. It is really really weird how he knows it all. He got a D at AS because he couldn't construct an argument. I got 2 A's and a C (damn European) in the histroy papers with much less knowledge than him.

I'm the exact same type.

I got 2 C's and 6 U's over 3 years.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'm the exact same type.

I got 2 C's and 6 U's over 3 years.

The jump from GCSE to A Level is ridiculous that's for sure. You can get full marks in GCSE with no analytical skill and not a great deal of knowledge. In A level you need both but it is crucial that you are analytical. If you don't get that into your head fast then you're screwed. Maybe you should have taken less analytical subjects?
haha well that was a mixed reaction
Quote by freedoms_stain

I need to make a decision about my A-levels soon as well. As it stands, I'm thinking of the following:

Maths, Biology, Art, Music Tech.

However, I'm only doing maths because I've already started it (took GCSE early). To be frank though, I hate maths at the moment. I find the work difficult and boring and I'm completely unmotivated in lessons. I decided I'm probably going to drop the maths and do something else, probably chemistry.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
I need to make a decision about my A-levels soon as well. As it stands, I'm thinking of the following:

Maths, Biology, Art, Music Tech.

However, I'm only doing maths because I've already started it (took GCSE early). To be frank though, I hate maths at the moment. I find the work difficult and boring and I'm completely unmotivated in lessons. I decided I'm probably going to drop the maths and do something else, probably chemistry.

What are you predicted for your maths grade? Because if it's not an A you then have to repeat the AS in college. Which I'm annoyed about, as I would much rather have a grade A to C in one year, then do an A level a year early, and have free time in the second year of college.

-Matthew Arnold

English lit = Essays.

I'm going to do Maths, Chemistry, Biology and French.

Languages are awesome and can be useful for jobs.
i want to do Maths, Further Maths (big nerd i know...) Physics and Computing

obviously i don't know you, so the only advice i can give you is try and go with the subjects you enjoy, or if you're thinking psychology or other A-level only subjects then try asking around to see if it sounds like something you would enjoy. if you don't find enough subjects you would/think you would enjoy doing, then try and go for something you know you will do quite well in.

if you're really struggling to pick something, try talking to a careers advisor (your school should be able to organise something) and they may be able to get you some information on different options.

EDIT Meths below makes a very good point about checking the requirements for university courses
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Last edited by The Overlord at Jan 30, 2007,
i should be doing: Biology, History, Music Tech and Economics
I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Take the subjects you enjoy, people tend to do better in those than ones they don't enjoy but are good at. You can take varied or non-varied subjects, but varied subjects keeps options open for university. Also, if you know roughly what kinda courses you wanna take at uni, you might want to check out what A levels those courses require.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
well my experinence of art at college is that is THEE ultimate doss course
i go 1 day a week for a arts and design gcse and all the second year students do is piss around and destroy/steal as much of the art supplies as they can
Quote by freedoms_stain

i'm doing A2's atm. if i can give you some advice, pick things you find interesting, not things that other people tell you to do or which you think you should do.

i took eng. lit., philosophy, art and maths at AS level, and dropped maths because i hated it. i then picked up art history at AS this year, and dropped that too, because i found it boring - i only took it to complement art.

seriously, do something you think you're going to enjoy.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I'm in my first year at the moment, I'm doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths. They're all good except biology which is boring but thats just because i hate my teacher. Appart from biology the others are quite interesting.
Quote by esther_mouse
i'm doing A2's atm. if i can give you some advice, pick things you find interesting, not things that other people tell you to do or which you think you should do.

i took eng. lit., philosophy, art and maths at AS level, and dropped maths because i hated it. i then picked up art history at AS this year, and dropped that too, because i found it boring - i only took it to complement art.

seriously, do something you think you're going to enjoy.

What's english lit like at A2? Different from AS, or similar?

And I didn't know you could drop subjects. I thought once you'd picked them you were stuck for two years.

-Matthew Arnold

Page 1 of 2