My tone is terrible, i have an old crate...dont know what model, but i dont like the tone...any suggestions on how to make it more....uhm.....sound like the newer stuff...and i am into A7X, and i cant find thier tone...any suggestions?
what guitar do you have?
you might wanna look into new pickups.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
uugh well, for a metal sound like that you probly want the bass around like 12 o'clock, treble a little past 3 oclock, and mids in between them.

but ya, having the right guitar would help alot. especially if you have something like a squier or something...

they use mostly schecters, and emg 81/85 combos. so really anything with those pick ups, or like some seymour duncan jazz and distortion combo will get you a similar sound.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
if you can't buy a new amp (because if you can just get a new amp buy a new amp) but just put all the tome contols(mid,treble,bass) on 12-0-clock or in other words stright up which just cancles them out and put your gain high and then just tweak them til you get something good. If you can't just buy a new pedal. Either Boss or like a tube sreamer. And get a scheter if you want to sound like A7x
ok well, epiphone isnt that bad. im guessing you have an lp stndrd or a custom. thatll do. you just gotta adjust your amps then. oh and on your guitar, you probly wanna keep the volume pots at like 7 or so. it helps give a more of a blaring/harsher sound. thats how i can describe it, but it sounds good for metal. anyway, jsut adjust your amp or something

or you could alwasy get like a roland cube which a7x doesnt use but theyr supposedly good for metal. or a mesa boogie or a bogner which a7x does use.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Maybe some good distortion pedals or tube peadals. If you have the money, get into electro-harmonix pedals like the muff or hot tubes. If you are lacking the green, pick up an rp50 by digitech. It may not be the best, but it is versitile for anyone who likes metal!
If you live in Detroit, I'll gladly trade you one of my solid state amps (Spider II and an Alesis) for your Crate, assuming it's tube.
Quote by spittle8
If you live in Detroit, I'll gladly trade you one of my solid state amps (Spider II and an Alesis) for your Crate, assuming it's tube.

nope, i live in texas, yeeha!

*i am not redneck