Page 1 of 2
Gojira is one of my favorite bands. Some of their songs do sound alike but go download a few or one. I also want to see them on that tour in NYC.
Quote by k90728
Gojira is one of my favorite bands. Some of their songs do sound alike but go download a few or one. I also want to see them on that tour in NYC.

What are some good songs?
i like their music, but sometimes the screaming can get a bit much :/
the from mars to sirius album was good
Top lel.
I think Gojira are fantastic. Hopefully we can get a new CD this year. Though it looks like they tour with some ****ing shit bands.

*EDIT* Good songs:

Love,
Embrace the World,
Flying Whales.
Last edited by dr. tchocky at Jan 31, 2007,
Man, check them out, they are good, i will be seeing them in April here in Florida! You should really check them out. From their album 'From Mars To Sirius' my favorite songs are 'Heaviest Matter of the Universe' and 'Flying Whales', you should listen to those 2 at least, i think they have those 2 songs on their myspace, and you can see a video of them live playing Heaviest matter of the universe and some other songs, on Youtube. I was hooked on them when i heard those two songs i mentioned. CHECK THEM OUT!
Veeeery good band. Flying Whales and Global Warming are outstanding songs.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Where Dragons Dwell... That song is insane.

The Heaviest Matter of the Universe... Another good song.

EDIT: I'm such a fanboy of them that my 1st friend on myspace is gojira and the backround is also their cd cover.. OH yeah...
Last edited by k90728 at Jan 30, 2007,
I saw them live with COB and Amon Amarth. They were awesome. I could feel the bass drum pounding through my chest.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I saw them with CoB and they were absolutly amazing. I went home and looked up some of there other stuff and now there one of my favorite bands.
Quote by Sun Child
I LOVE YOU

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Thier alright imo. Checked them out when they were on tour with CoB. Im going to see the Lamb Of God concert on march 3rd. To bad Triviums playing.
Do you like it
HARDER or Faster

PRESIDENT OF THE SIXPOUNDER WHEN I POUND HER
CLUB
Amazing band, i love them. Best album is From Mars to Sirius.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Sixpounder
Thier alright imo. Checked them out when they were on tour with CoB. Im going to see the Lamb Of God concert on march 3rd. To bad Triviums playing.

Same here, I hope to check Gojira out.
ocean planet has cool false harmonics, but some of their songs are too alternative-ish to me

but i am going to see them with lamb of god on the 16th

edit: to sixpounder

yeah and machine head, but i think the awesomeness of lamb of god and gojira should even it out
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Last edited by antoniobanderas at Jan 30, 2007,
^Machine Head fucking rape live.

If nothing else, that tour will give Gojira some promotion in America. They deserve it, they're an amazing act, CD and Live.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I went to see them with COB and there were much better than the other opening band (Amon amarth, Sanctity) Their sound is not the usual heavy riff that you hear over and over in metal.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
The Link is horrificly boring.

I left my copy of From Mars To Sirius on the train, without being able to listen to it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Sixpounder

Unfortunatley... thats not coming to Ireland.
So promise me.......................

That you will give that bastard Matt Heafy hell!
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Very good, glad to see they're getting some touring in the states.

Pity Trivium's there... would've liked them before, but the old stuff is absolutely horrible. Enjoy LoG and Gojira, send Heafy to hell for me.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Gojira kicks ass. Ocean Planet is an amazing song. Saw them live with AA and CoB and they are actually tighter live than on cd... if that's even possible.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Quote by Ascendancy1080
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gojira_%28band%29

anyone ever hear of them? I wondering if their good or not because im most likely going to see them with trivium, lamb of god, and machine head in Atlantic City in March. I cant stand machine head, but the rest of the concert looks amazing.

Anyway, please discuss Gojira.

I just realized while reading that, that 3 of the four bands you're going to see covered Metallica.
I like it well enough. I'm not going to buy their record but it's an enjoyable listen.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
I saw them live with COB and Amon Amarth. They were awesome. I could feel the bass drum pounding through my chest.

Same.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Gojira own. Backbone, Global Warming, To Sirius, and The Heaviest Matter of the Universe > all of you.
Quote by antoniobanderas
ocean planet has cool false harmonics, but some of their songs are too alternative-ish to me

but i am going to see them with lamb of god on the 16th

edit: to sixpounder

yeah and machine head, but i think the awesomeness of lamb of god and gojira should even it out

you be taking me to that concert

Do you guys actually have a ride worked out?
Quote by garden of grey
you be taking me to that concert

Do you guys actually have a ride worked out?

dart train lol
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Frrooooom the skkkkkkkkkkkkkkky!!!!!!!
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Ascendancy1080
What are some good songs?

Backbone.

Nerve-wrecking riffage.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Quote by 11thHour
Unfortunatley... thats not coming to Ireland.
So promise me.......................

That you will give that bastard Matt Heafy hell!

Lol...Well I didnt but others did.

So ya Gojira ****ing slayed!

I was right infront of the guitarist and he looked at me, so I said "**** YEAH!"..and then he pointed and said "**** YEAH!" at me :P
Do you like it
HARDER or Faster

PRESIDENT OF THE SIXPOUNDER WHEN I POUND HER
CLUB
I would deffinately reccommend them, i diiscovered them last month and now I adore them, from mars to sirius is and amazing album, its very complex too.

I havent heard them but I am going to the concert also probly with a friend. Too bad the only band I really listen to is trivium and they dont even scream live, but ill check gojira out and maybe it will be a good side to the show. What style of metal are they related to?
Page 1 of 2