pretty snazzy lol.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
ddaammnn you ***** rock!
man i wish my girl can play like that XD...
the solo part was a little bit mess, but other than that
it was cool! i gave you 5/5

please critt my solo part of this song in the youtube link
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Thanks guys!

slash_no_1 I left a message on YouTube

And yes my solo was a bit messy but that honestly was because I get abit nervous around cameras and stuff, I hope I will one day master that camera!
Niiiiiiiice, i still have yet to sit down and give that song a shot....
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Nice cover, the only issue is that the quality of video was pretty bad and sometimes the audio is out of sync. The playing was really good, the solo was ok, some timing issues but hardly noticeable for non-guitarist. I have a cover of this too, check it out:

http://amlc.dmusic.com/. I tried to play the solo like the live version.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I really enjoyed it! I think the distortion solo was a bit OOT, but I havent heard the song in years.

I'd give it a 9/10, cos it was really suberb. You should be proud!
Thanks alot for replying!

I'll work on that solo, it's already going alot better now I pay attention to the timing more!

Wow that's some great stuff! Really awesome job, great tone, great playing, great timing! You did good Cizzie.

The solo: The timing was pretty good, but the bends were a little off. Everything was nice and solid, the only thing I think would help it is vibrato. It would make it sound really kickass.

Great job, 9/10 Keep it up!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by dEipHoBoS
quite ok.
how bout singing, also?

I say this on almost all metallica covers

Apparently metallica songs aren't about vocals though
Well.. I really can't sing that low so it sounds like crap but when I'm alone I do sing with it, I don' t feel like sharing that though.

Great stuff Cizzie, you play the intro better than I do. You had me singing along to it, though. Solo just needs some practicing, but you'll get it. You definately show enough talent.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Well thank you!

These comments surely keep my motivation to go on with playing the guitar up
Nice. I really like it. It's better than what I can do, though I haven't put much into learning Nothing Else Matters (Even if I did, you're still better at this than me)
really nice... also quite surprising, i didnt think girls could actually play guitar loll... they habitually all give up after not being able to do a Cmaj chord loll...

The solo needs a bit more work but the rest of the song is amazing... I'll have to learn it! (atm I only know the solo... I may put it on YouTube when I feel like recording )

(I commented on YouTube as hurlyz)
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Last edited by hurlyz at Feb 7, 2007,
Good work Cis, you played that really well. For a second I thought you were air-guitaring it because it sounded so much like the original for a while :p

Keep on rocking
Quote by CowboyUp
For a second I thought you were air-guitaring it because it sounded so much like the original for a while :p
yea me too haha
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
your playing is very good, but your tone is awful. Especially when you strum chords, they sound completely lifeless. Try to get some sparkle into your tone! I'm sure some of what I'm hearing is from the camera though.
That's one talented girl we're looking at

Hey Cizzie, if i would have to keep my comment short i would just say- keep doin' what you're doin', but i don't like leaving short comments

I want to break this in two - the solo, and all the rest. Let us start with the latter.

Your timing has never been an issue if you ask me, the best proof to that is the intro, you were able to stay in time when the silence part of the backing track kicked in, well done!
The into in itself was very good, you managed to play the fast lick (00:31) better than hammett plays it live. Kidding aside, it was clean and accurate, not something that is taken for granted, good job!

Now, the solo.

Eventhough its by far Metallica's easiest solo, to play it good is easier said than done.
There are 3 elements to keep working on - bends, vibrato and speed.
You still have the common bending problem beginners have - flat bends, you have to bend stronger. The only correct bend you did was the last one. (i will send you a PM about that)

About the vibrato, well i heard none. I wish the cam was closer so i could see whether you are trying to do it or not, if not, you better start or else...

Speed, nothing enlightening here, it comes with time (like everything else).

One last thing about the solo. It's not smooth enough to my ears, pretty hard to explain. It's nothing to do with the previous things i've mentioned (maybe speed?),
but its like you have little "bumps" along the way.

Overall, i think you're doing very good for the amount of time you've been playing and i really want to see your bends improve.

PS: About the tone. I don't usually talk about it because tone means nothing to me and it should mean nothing to you, at least for the next couple of years. Tone is the last thing you should worry about as a beginner.

PS2: you look great on cam, don't be nervous.
Quote by Rakun

PS2: you look great on cam, don't be nervous.

+1, you look like your scared to death of your own camera :p

It also helps to alternate pick. That will make quicker passages much less stressful to play. It doesn't feel right at first, but make sure you develop alternate picking skill as it is very important (especially for metal, which you play alot)!

Keep it up Cissie, I'm having alot of fun watching you get better and better.
yeah it was pretty good but if ur gonna further ur abilities you HAVE to alternate pick its a must or ur not gonna get anywhere...but it was very good.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Thanks very much for your comments!
I'm working hard on them bends and I think it has improved alot but ehm sorry, which part should be alternate picked? The solo I asume?

And haha yes, I look quite scared but my dad just came in (if you listen closely you can hear the door) and I was like... 'Shit, go away!' But then he used some sign language which I didn't get so I was like.. 'Wtf? move it you!' That kind of explains my weird expression I hope.
Quote by Jimmy94
your playing is very good, but your tone is awful. Especially when you strum chords, they sound completely lifeless. Try to get some sparkle into your tone! I'm sure some of what I'm hearing is from the camera though.

Yes I know my tone isn't the best.. But it's the best I can get for now and as Rakun mentioned, I'd better work on my playing first and then my gear
yeah adn when u tackle other songs just alternate everything and before u know it you will be doing it without knowing it.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

Allright.. I often already alternate pick without intending to but I guess not with the solo because I was focusing on doing the notes and stuff, you know? So my hands didn't roam freely like they do when I'm just screwing around
yeha i understand, but now that u have the solo down, try just lettign go and see what happens.

Quote by Cizzie
I was like... 'Shit, go away!' But then he used some sign language which I didn't get so I was like.. 'Wtf? move it you!'

haha!
now when i see the video again i actually see your
expression when your dad walks in... "shit go away!"
hhhaaha!
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Quote by slash_no_1
haha!
now when i see the video again i actually see your
expression when your dad walks in... "shit go away!"
hhhaaha!

lol
yeah i love it, really nice and well done to you, i left a comment
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Good playing, nice tone, but damn you need a new guitar.

4/5. Also you are hot.
As We Fly In This Blue Dream
Quote by BlueDream
Damn you need a new guitar.

But I love my guitar, it is a really good one! It's an old made in Japan one, you know.. when the Squiers still used to be good. I played a new Squier and it was terrible compared to mine and I played an expensive Fender strat and my guitar almost felt as good as that one! Also guitarists who have played my guitar said it was of high quality.
I'd rather have a better amp, a big 'n juicy Marshall JCM half-stack would be quite nafty.
Quote by Cizzie
But I love my guitar, it is a really good one! It's an old made in Japan one, you know.. when the Squiers still used to be good. I played a new Squier and it was terrible compared to mine and I played an expensive Fender strat and my guitar almost felt as good as that one! Also guitarists who have played my guitar said it was of high quality.
I'd rather have a better amp, a big 'n juicy Marshall JCM half-stack would be quite nafty.

seriously seeing how u like to play metallica adn shit, look at some jacksons or some ESP maybe even a schecter. I have a schecter and the thing is the best guitar ive ever layed

Quote by Schecter4lyfe
seriously seeing how u like to play metallica adn shit, look at some jacksons or some ESP maybe even a schecter. I have a schecter and the thing is the best guitar ive ever layed

Yes I know..
I'd like to have the Kirk Hammett signature ESP but it's not like I would trade it for mine, you know. But for now my gear is fine for me, probably in a few years I'll buy another guitar!