hey i was just wondering what are the differences between different sizes in guitars for example 4/4 or 7/8 etc thx for yout help
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.

Gear:
Les Paul
Marshall MG15CD
Dunlop Crybaby
oh my, are they on tab websites yes ?, basically means 4 crotchet beats per bar of music,
Actually those refer to different scale lengths. Smaller guitars have shorter scales and are thus easier to play for students, children or people with small hands.

A 4/4 Strat, for instance, would have a scale length of 25.5" (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the numbers). A 3/4 Strat would be 22.5".
I've personally never heard of a "7/8" guitar.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I thought this method of measurement was only used for classical instruments like violins, cellos, etc?
Quote by Koty_Vengeance
actually i believe 3/4 would be 24.5
That statement is kind of useless without specifying which guitar you're talking about. Electric guitars have by far the least standardised scale lengths of all stringed instruments.
Last edited by indrek13 at Jan 30, 2007,
or a "4/4" guitar for that matter...i've heard of 3/4 as in three-quarter size, obviously.

That would be a bitch...imagine having to have a different guitar for each time signature, very Nigel Tufnel
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well it just confuzed me as i was lookin on ebay at different musical instruments and then when you did advanced search you could pick what sizr you want and there were all these different sizes and it just got me so confuzed so im presuming if 3/4 is three quater size then 4/4 would be full size right??
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.

Gear:
Les Paul
Marshall MG15CD
Dunlop Crybaby