alright i currently own a schecter c1 plus and its about a year old now but anyways i was thinkin about maybe getting some emgs but i already do the like the ok metal tone i get from the stock ones(duncan designed). my question is how big of a difference if any would it make for me to get the emgs and would i lose my clean tone?the type of music i play is:maylene and the sons of disaster,chiodos,killswitch engage, norma jean, underoath, atreyu that sort of thing.oh and if the emgs would be better which would be the best i know theres like 81's, hz etc.
Quote by jmac72187
The vox can do it. It just can't do like BlackGrindDeathBloodMurderDevilKillYourUnbornChild Metal.
The benefit you'll get from new pickups depends a lot on your amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
like how so, i have a guitar research 60 watt halfstack it gives pretty good distortion and everything but would the emgs make it heavier or give it more gain maybe?
Quote by jmac72187
The vox can do it. It just can't do like BlackGrindDeathBloodMurderDevilKillYourUnbornChild Metal.
the common setup with EMG is 81in neck and 85 in bridge or the kerry king or zakk wylde signature sets but the HZ are passive so not as much bite but you have to change batteries with the active ones
so would the emgs sound nicer you think? or should i just leave it the way it is and also, would i lose my clean tone yet again i think it has to do with the amp also but any thoughts on this?
Quote by jmac72187
haha i like the way you put it so does it make it heavier or is it just one of those undescribable changes but you know it sounds better lol
Quote by jmac72187
Quote by talldude175
like how so, i have a guitar research 60 watt halfstack it gives pretty good distortion and everything but would the emgs make it heavier or give it more gain maybe?

Like...You'd only benefit from EMGs significantly if you had a decent tube amp. Perhaps look into saving for a new amp first?
yea i thinking about also gettin a tube head i saw the b-52 stealth series head which is all tube and 60 watts which would match my cab because its 60 watts because im pretty sure if you have a head that has a higher wattage than your cab it will be bad
Quote by jmac72187
I'm not familiar with that particular amp so I can't really say how much of an improvement pickups would give - it's a hybrid amp, not tube, and the general consensus is that EMG's really need a good tube amp to shine. However, they'll sound good through a decent SS amp, I just don't know enough about yours to know if it's decent or not!

If it cost less than $300 then it's likely that it isn't all that fantastic and your money would be probably be better invested in a new amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
oh i know but it wouldnt overpower my cab would it
Quote by jmac72187
yea ive tried one with emg's before they do sound really nice and harmonics are a sinch
Quote by jmac72187