Alright, I've been playing for about a year now and It's time to upgrade from my Kona Electrics POS guitar... However, I have absolutely no idea what to buy. I am trying to stay under 750 U.S. dollars. Any suggestions for a good sounding electric that I can use for gigs as well as practice? I play mainly rock (30 seconds to mars, My Chemical Romance, etc.) Any input is appreciated...
Most Fenders around that price range are great, but for your type of music I would go with either an epiphone lp custom, Washburn x-50 pro, or a Parker pm-20. BECAUSE Parkers are amazing!
dont get a les paul.....they ****in suck, but so does the bands you want to play so maybe you should get a les paul..................................
disasterpiece
Quote by xdirgeinfernox
dont get a les paul.....they ****in suck, but so does the bands you want to play so maybe you should get a les paul..................................

burnage
Quote by xdirgeinfernox

what kinda guitars do you like?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
depends on what style your current guitar is, if its a strat/super strat copy stick with that, if its les paul shaped go that way.

but IMO les pauls and all guitars shaped like it are horribly uncomfortable to play both sitting and standing, not to mention the action is usually high and the stings a little too far apart.
you can adjust string action smart one, and your other 2 points and personal preference
A lot schecter and esp guitars are really good in that price range. Your not paying for the famous name/shape like you are with gibson/epipnone and fender. Just go and try out guitars until you find one that sounds, and feels good to you.
Quote by Bing
some of them arent balanced ll that well, the headstock dives to the floor.

Don't be an idiot, unless your les Paul is about half the weight of a normal one, your neck isn't gonna dive towards the floor. Its usually only SG's that do that. =/
"Neck Heavy" in a guitar has a lot more to do with the placement of the strap button than weight

Although weight certainly is a factor.
Quote by Nick_
"Neck Heavy" in a guitar has a lot more to do with the placement of the strap button than weight

Although weight certainly is a factor.
Yes but the strap button on a Les Paul isn't in the center of the body, like an SG. Its just above the neck, therefore unless the neck was heavier than the body it wouldn't dive.
Quote by Nick_
I know LPs don't dive, I was just pointing it out

I know, I'm just insecure about my popularity ont he internet, I didn't wanna get SHOWED UP.
Well that's cool I know how you feel but I still got to get the last word in
To everyone that gave honest input... thanks, I really didn't want to look like an Idiot when I go to guitar center and start looking at the hundreds and hundreds of guitars they have at the one by where I live... To the rest of you who bashed my music... grow up, I don't force you to listen to my music and I enjoy it... Just because you don't like it doesnt make it bad music, so stop acting like 8th graders and get over the fact that some people have different tastes in music... anyhoo, thanks for the input guys I appreciate it
real men sling Les Pauls - we wear em' like men and we don't snivel about the weight... if it's too heavy for ya' get a tambourine or maybe a sex change.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Do not go with the Fender for your type of music. I'd say an Epiphone Les Paul. It also depends on how you like your guitar to feel.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley