How much do these actually boost your gain? I was thinking of getting a boost pedal for my JSX but since I need to replace my pick ups anyway, I thought I might take a look at gain boosting pickups? Im prettysure EMG and seymour duncan does it, is there any other companies that do it aswell?

Which ones would you recommend for metal/hardcore/shred?

Thanks in advance!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
EMGS!!!!!! thats what they are made for! medal for the masses!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
hahah I was hoping to stay passive, I forgot to mention that in my post that I would rather not get EMG's, their cleans lack too much,
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
EMgs or X2ns or similiar do increase gain but nothing compared to an overdrive slamming the frontend. My solution would be do get booth. But if its one or the other an OD pedal will do more.

I dont blame you for wanting to stay passive. Ive been using EMGs for years and Im fed up...switching to passive w/ my next guitar.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Bareknuckle Pickups....they make some great pickup sets for all styles....ones you may be interested in are the Nailbomb and the Warpig
Yeah I've been interested in Bareknuckles for awhile now, but since I live in Canada, the price is ridiculously expensive, and yet Im still considering them. They're hand wound, and I've never heard anything bad about them, I think they might be worth the cost.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
They are. I once played a Blackmachine B2 with Nailbombs thru a modded 5150 and it was the most amazing metal sound I've ever heard...
Crappp, that means I'll be forking out a fortune to replace my pickups. Ohwell, guitar is the only thing I buy top of the line, or as close as I can get, haha.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
My ideology is to always buy the best you can afford. Don't compromise on the things in life you enjoy. Weirdly I was just reading this on Marty Friedman's website, I think it sums it up pretty well:
It is funny, a player`s playing usually somehow winds up matching the quality of the gear he plays. If someone lives and breathes music, and gets decent at playing, he will find a way to get gear that he can work with.
I'm getting a set of Bareknuckle Nailbombs by the way, as i also agree with Nolly that they are one step towards tonal bliss. In terms of cost...well i'm paying £210 off the uk website for neck and bridge pickups with the special engraved Nailbomb cover on them...that's quite steep for pickups but i think it's worth it. I don't know how much it is in Canada though