I wanted to get some opinions on this "new" amp being offered. It is based on the Epi Valve Junior. Below is a link to a demo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hHG3EfDqK0

What do you think of this with a price tag of $795? I thought it to be kinda steep myself but wanted some opinions. I loved it until they unveiled the price . They have many videos of the amp in action so you can look at the posters handle (account) to see the others.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
haha i saw your comment underneath the video.
is it a signature amp or something? or is moore the brand...
regardless, those rock tones kick ass
HE PLAYED ZEPPELIN!!!!!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Well....Moore's amplification says they are only using the Value Jr as a test bed. I don't think Epiphone will have anything to do with it in the end.

True enough, it sounds awsome but I thought the price was a little steep when considering all the after-market mods you can do to a VJ to maybe (notice I said maybe lol) get the same sound.

Yep! That guy can jamm can't he? I was impressed as well at his skills.

I appreciate your comments and welcome any others .

Chris
The VJ is a modders dream chassis. You can turn the VJ into a pretty high output little beast with a few changes.

Depending on what parts Moore used (ei. Mercury Magnetics OT $$$) $800 could be entirely reasonable for his time and effort.

Frankly when I turn the stock VJ to about 2:00 I get a killer crunch tone, great for classic/southern rock.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by RCShadow
I wanted to get some opinions on this "new" amp being offered. It is based on the Epi Valve Junior. Below is a link to a demo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hHG3EfDqK0

What do you think of this with a price tag of $795? I thought it to be kinda steep myself but wanted some opinions. I loved it until they unveiled the price . They have many videos of the amp in action so you can look at the posters handle (account) to see the others.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Sorry about that. That price was mostly based on what I would that for a full scratch build, not just re-using the VJ case and chassis. I'm about ready to re-build my last spare stock VJ, and I'll be doing only scratch builds from now on. Secondly, I don't use the Mercury Magnetics OT ; I prefer the Hammond. Also, I'm not trying to pimp my stuff here. I'm already fully booked thur the end of the year. I just wanted to answer some of the questions on the thread.

-g