funkdaddyfresh
UG's threadkiller
932 IQ
Dane Cook is famous for his creative intros. Anyone have some good ones for a show?
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
Yes. But like the rest of this site, the only thing I'll share is "start with something fast and uplifting."
Tom Colohue is a writer from Blackpool, England, recognisable for his integrative descriptive work and his cynical textual mannerisms.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
Strat_Monkey
UG's Moody Bastard
710 IQ
Don't say hi or anything, just start playing. That's the main hint. Introduce yourselves after you're proved you rock, then they'll be more interested in listening to you.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Andro Luigi
17 IQ
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Don't say hi or anything, just start playing. That's the main hint. Introduce yourselves after you're proved you rock, then they'll be more interested in listening to you.

I do that everytime...

A certain dose of mystery keeps the audience clamoring for more... Mehehe...
drykilltrivhead
The Devil's Reject
69 IQ
Just watch the killswitch engage dvd and listen to some of the stuff that the guitarist Adam D. says. That guy is freakin hilarious. Being as the singer is black he once said " This song is about a time when howard's pants fell down. It's called As Darkness Falls."
or something like that but he is funny.
Quote by The Spoon
I hope i dont get sigged but whats a dike?

Quote by blakkin
Yet another problem that can be easily solved by violent incest.

With Fingers Sore
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Dana Cook has great intros for terrible material.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
tilleking
1,199 IQ
At the start of a gig, we always play this intro riff we made up. It's just some simple chords, and one guy does a solo over the top, and we get the singer clapping his hands to get the audience going. It actually works really well.

We did a mock-up recording of the song we use on our MySpace. Check it out.

www.myspace.com/thepandemicsUK
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

myvaliantleap
UG Freak
686 IQ
For my band we turn out the lights and we have this ambient recording in the background, with microsoft sam saying random phrases that everyone in the band is known for saying buried under the music. About half way through it we have feedback and noise start coming in with our instruments. Toward the end our drummer counts us in with some high hats and we launch into our music, which is anything but ambient and it kind of throws people who haven't heard us into a loop and pulls them in.
qurazy
Where's my damn pick?
182 IQ
Dane Cook Isn't that funny

Start playing your first song with the lights out, then when the chorus part comes turn them on and keep them on.
I am the Master of Puppies

Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
Line 6 Sp III 30
Ibanez jumpstart (black)
Ibanez toneblaster (small amp)
Digitech RP80 Guitar Workstation
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
If your first song has an intro where the drummer counts in, the guitars hit say a chord, then it rings for a bar, have the lights out at first, then the drummer counts in, and as you hit the chord, the lights turn on. Then he counts four with his sticks, and the rest of the song continues. Like how Guns N' Roses always play Nightrain live.
Citiz3n 3ras3d
*****in'
147 IQ
My band uses 'Chameleon' as our intro. I introduce us and make silly little small talk, then my guitar player hits some dissonance chords and we go straight into the music.

It's quite funny and unexpected.
trem7
UG Member
577 IQ
Like Coheed and Cambria have for their albums, something different from the rest of the music that's kinda like a movie intro.
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
Brazlian Grooves in the same key as your starting song

Then walk on, play the first 3 songs then introducing yourself and the rest of the band
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!