im planing on getting a stratocaster around maybe $600, but i want to put on a floyd rose, and change out the pickups to a dimarzio 100superdistorion at the bridge and a dimarzio dp102 x2n at the neck. i dont no if this would be ok or if its a horrible idea. please help.

thanks
you can buy a strat with a floyd rose but they're hard to find in stores. only on the internet. im trying to buy one right now
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
yea i heard about that, but i think it only has 20 frets and isnt good for improvising. thats what i heard from my guitar teacher
Any guitar is good for improvising. it's what the player knows how to play that decides whether or not he's a good improviser.

And I think it's got 21 frets. lol
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
Most modern American Strats have 22 frets, although Standards only have 21...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
oh hah ok, but if i do just get the one with the floyd rose already in it what do u think about the pickups i want to put in it. i dont no much about what goes with what or whatever, i just need to find out if thts a horrible choice. i wanted to get a heavier sonund like iron maiden or judas priest
You'd be much better off getting a second hand Ibey or Schecter that's already got humbucker routes and a Floyd.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
hmm yea i see, i got that figured out now, but i just need to know about the pickups i want to put in, are they gona work well together or will it sound lik crap
I own a Standard Mexican Strat... pretty much the same except without the Floyd Rose, so the Floyd Rose won't have as much sustain...
But my strat's stock humbucker can nail just about any sound you can think of, and I think I get a pretty nice maiden-like sound. I think my strat sounds a little more mid-heavy than other guitars with humbuckers in the bridge. But you should be able to get just about any tone out of that baby, from Iron Maiden- like metal to a nice SRV sound.

i wouldn't know much about those other pickups btw..

and I would also recommend taking a look at ESP (or LTD. Same thing pretty much) I'm not a fan of jacksons, so before you go pick up that shiny Dinky in the corner, try an LTD MH around the same price.
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
Last edited by izzymcfizzy at Jan 30, 2007,
Quote by zoso1822
hmm yea i see, i got that figured out now, but i just need to know about the pickups i want to put in, are they gona work well together or will it sound lik crap

I find I'm always suggesting Bill Lawrence pickups, so I'll leave that question to forsaknazrael. I was under the impression that the X2N was a bridge pickup though?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
i wanted to get a fender, but i was also looking at some ibanezs and jacksons tht hav a floyd rose and a HH set up.

thanks for the help
Quote by the_random_hero
I find I'm always suggesting Bill Lawrence pickups, so I'll leave that question to forsaknazrael. I was under the impression that the X2N was a bridge pickup though?

Awww...thanks. That's sweet.
Yeah, it is a bridge pickup. Highput ceramic pickup in the neck positon = a no no.
The Super Distortion isn't a bad idea. I don't know anything about Dimarzios, unfornately...But maybe the Air Norton for some more versatility and output balance?
i just saw tht dave murry had one of the x2n's his guitar as a neck pick up, and i thought that was how they got tht sound in there early albums
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think it'd be easier to just buy a Strat with a Floyd Rose. Probably cheaper, too. I believe Fender makes one? I'm not sure.

Agreed! In the EG forum, I posted that in Japan, I see a lot of those FR Strats, specifically those from the 80s. One of the UGers (ShredNinja or NinjaShredder or something) got his there and it was pretty inexpensive ... equivalent of US $350. And of course the MIJ quality is pretty high, even compared to the CIJ or the MIA. Here's mine, one of my favorite Strats

It's probably older than 99% of UGers.