are marshall avt150 heads any good if hooked up to a non marshall 4x12? All i have heard the combo amp version is valvestate but is the head? if it is what is that lol?
Valvestate means that it's a hybrid of valve and solid state circuitry. I think AVTs have a tube in the preamp, and a solid state power amp. The head is hybrid too. And the head will sound more or less the same hooked up to a Marshall cab or a non-Marshall.
I own one and... ^Word.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
okay that seems like good advice
is the overdrive on it crunchy enough? i've heard that it isnt so good with out a pedal.
I have the AVT50 which only has 2 channels, clean and overdrive, where as the AVT150 has (i think) acoustic, clean, overdrive, and overdrive 2. The overdrive on the 50 is very crunchy, so you should def. get enough out of htat.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
^If not overdrive pedals are fairly cheap.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
^ the avt's work horribly with overdrive pedals, with most of them the sound cuts out.

seriously, unless you already own the avt, avoid it. it's poor.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i agree, i owned an avt and after i put it up to a certain volume it started to break up and lost all signs of tone.
^ i didn't know it had any tone to lose...

*rimshot*
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?