I just got a new Strat, a 70's Classic and I have decided to make this into my Hendrix Strat, while my H1 is my SRV/John Mayer/Blues Strat. Now, I was looking into boutique pickups and I heard from some people here that SD's were great. The Red House's are the ones I want I believe. Does anyone have these? Are there any other pickups you could recommend? I was also thinking Fralin Woodstock '69's.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Well, what's your price limit? I have heard that SD's were pretty good pups for single coils, but also check out BKP's if money isn't an object to you.

By the way, that's some crazy rig.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
u should make it a Ritchie Blackmore/Jimi Hendrix strat man!!!
that would be sick lol
to make it, u should get a Lace Sensor =]
i read the manuals and crap it seems nice
i personally have a Fender Hot Noiseless and they do their job for a lot of genres.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Does BareKnuckle ship to the US?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by Jinskee
Well, what's your price limit? I have heard that SD's were pretty good pups for single coils, but also check out BKP's if money isn't an object to you.

By the way, that's some crazy rig.

Yeah too bad I kinda suck at playing, haha.

But I really spend all my money on gear. It'll take me a few months to scrounge up the money for these pickups considering I just got this new guitar. The pickups are it's weak point definitely. They're extremely bright and hum like crazy.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
I have SD mojo pickups and they are fantastic. if i get another strat im putting in the red house set unless something better comes out. bareknuckle makes awesome stuff but none of their single coil lines are directed at hendrix, more clapton and knofler. still, you can get the hendrix tone with those pickups. bareknuckle does ship to the us. if you can afford bkps you could also afford kinman pickups. the woodstock or watever its called should suit you just fine plus they are noiseless w.o losing any of the tone regular single coils would have. overall i think the SD pickups are the best value. there are soundclips on all the sites so you be the judge.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
dirk's (pete) another guy to eventually ask. dont know if he's posting tonight.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Bareknuckles do ship to US! Check if any local stores have em!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by JJK
Yeah too bad I kinda suck at playing, haha.

But I really spend all my money on gear. It'll take me a few months to scrounge up the money for these pickups considering I just got this new guitar. The pickups are it's weak point definitely. They're extremely bright and hum like crazy.

Haha, same.

Pick ups will help your guitar loads considering you have a real nice amp! I really suggest looking into bare knuckles though .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Fralin's are nice. I don't heard much praise for SD save their P-90's.

BKP aren't worth all the extra money + shipping etc. IMO
Quote by Mascot
BKP aren't worth all the extra money + shipping etc. IMO

I actually (sorta) agree with that statement, they're VERY expensive in the states, especially for shipping fees, if you're going to get it soldered, etc. but honestly, I love mine and think they're worth it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
the sound clips sound excellent (sd's) but that's all I have, sorry. BKP are kind of shooting themselves in the foot by not having more soundclips up, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually I've been playing my new Strat more and I kind of like the sound I'm getting. It's bright and they hum a little, but I like it. Pretty vintage sounding. Eventually I may swap the pickups, but probably not anytime soon. But thanks for all the info guys.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp