While I'm on this website, my brothers watching Dateline's 'To Catch A Predator' For those of you who don't know what it is, it's where Dateline and some police force acts as a teenage girl or boy and lure sexual predators in to their house, and then they catch them.

It's kinda creepy that these people are that stupid to act like they were just picking something up. Or the guy who comes twice after being caught already once. It's sick. This world is seriously messed up.
What do you guys think about it?
A guy at my gym was on the show. Pretty ****ing creepy. But its always a good laugh while watching it.
I think it's kid of mean to exploit these people like they do. Although it is funny to hear them say their intentions were not to have sex after they quote them as saying "I want to fuck your brains out."
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Yeah it's pretty stupid.

"What? Oh the fact that I'm not wearing any clothes and I'm some 8-year-olds kid kitchen who's also alone in the house? Uh... I was just picking something up."
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Sailor Jerry
A guy at my gym was on the show. Pretty ****ing creepy. But its always a good laugh while watching it.

I don't find it funny, I think its sick. That there are people out there, who try to act like they didn't do anything when they talk online about having sex with 13 year olds! What the hell is wrong with this picture?
What, you kiddies aren't into that?

/joke

Sexual criminals are currency in jail, according to my uncle (who isn't one)
Quote by guitarkid2113
I don't find it funny, I think its sick. That there are people out there, who try to act like they didn't do anything when they talk online about having sex with 13 year olds! What the hell is wrong with this picture?

Alot is if you look at it like that. I see the humor in the fact they sit and play dumb, its the same story everytime.
Hey, I was on that show!

*cough cough* I mean...

<.<

>.>

Ummm... I'm stone phillips.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
And then there's also the ones who try and pull off an honest, good person approach.

No sir! I'll never do that again! Yes, sir! My actions are completely unreasonable and morally irreprehensible! I realize that I am wrong, but now that I'm caught, if you'd be so nice as to let me go and not tell anyone, I'll just never do it again!! I promise!
Quote by Sailor Jerry
Alot is if you look at it like that. I see the humor in the fact they sit and play dumb, its the same story everytime.

Yeah, I guess if you look at it at a different angle, its pretty funny.
I think it's sad. When they're caught, those people know the true definition of despair.
Quote by scheck006
I think it's sad. When they're caught, those people know the true definition of despair.

I know.. The rest of their lives are screwed up. Imagine trying to tell that to your family and friends. You'd probably have no one in their lives ever again.
Quote by guitarkid2113
Yeah, I guess if you look at it at a different angle, its pretty funny.

im with you on the fact that they are horrible people, but if you look at it in a differnt light there is humor in it.
They aren't horrible people, they just have one major defect in their life. I'm sure some of them have a great family and network of friends.
Quote by scheck006
They aren't horrible people, they just have one major defect in their life. I'm sure some of them have a great family and network of friends.

Not after getting caught though, I don't think.
Quote by scheck006

We will see what you say if your kid ever gets raped or molested.
Right, eliciting an emotional response is always a great way to win arguments. I prefer logic.
yeah i took a nap today and when i woke up that was on the tv. i was awakened by the guy reciting the nasty things they say online. those people are sick and i find it funny to watch their lives end on national television and to see them freak out is hilarious in my opinion.

i guess some child molester was killed in a prison not far from where i live. i guess some guy was disgusted with the molester's crimes and sodomized him with a broom to the point where it went too far and he bled to death internally.
I feel sorry for these guys too. If someone with any other mental condition was treated like this, there'd be hell to pay. I'm not at all advocating what they do, or at least attempt to do, but we as a society should be more understanding.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Doesn't this undercover work seem like entrapment? Also, don't the rapists have to sign a release form to have their face used on television?

It's funny how a criminal isn't allowed to profit from their own crimes, but it's perfectly legal for a TV station to do so.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
I actually heard about it and watched it for the very first time tonight and it was really interesting. I think that child molesters are sick (not a very extreme opinion, i know) and that the penalties in place now are nowhere near severe enough. Good TV show.
I was just watching To Catch A Predator tonight and I've always hated the show. Whenever I tell people this I am instantly called a pedo and "how would you like it if it was your daughter, blah blah blah"

These Perverted-Justice volunteers (Christian soccer moms) spend their time pretending to be horny 14 year old girls and deliberately egg on older men to continue chatting, send revealing photos of young girls and flirt with them. The reason it is not considered entrapment is because "entrapment is a term created and judiciated against law enforcement officials. We are not law enforcement officials." (http://www.perverted-justice.com/index.php?pg=faq)

So, its only legal because they are not police officers. However, they are being employed by Dateline and work with the police as agents, being paid $100,000 a show. A pretty good motive to do anything to find a "predator."

Also, only 72% of rape is committed by someone who knows the victim.
(http://www.rainn.org/statistics/)
So why is Dateline arresting so many strangers? Are they just really lucky and happen to find predators online, or do they lure NORMAL men into doing the unthinkable...?

Last point. If they are doing it out of the goodness of their heart, and for the children, why is it they broadcast it all over America? Why do 6 cops have guns pulled out, and running towards an unarmed and unaggressive man, it is dangerous to the Man and the cops. The show is 100% entertainment and nothing more.

REAL predators should be caught. Many charges had to be dropped because Perverted Justice could not provide enough evidence. Dateline is being sued $105 million for the suicide of a man.

Disgusting show, ignores the real cause of rape, is only meant to satisfy the sick entertainment needs of America.
I completely agree that this show is a load of crap.
I hope the producers and that dickhead who is on every program talking to the predators die in a fire.
Not that I endorse pedophiles or anything, but seriously, luring people like that is disgusting.
these 'predators' should be so lucky that they only got caught by the interviewer and a camera man. i bet lots of people go online tricking pedos into meeting them then simply beat the **** out of them with a bat or worse.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
as far as I'm concerned, one of the best shows on TV.
I love watching bad people get stung.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Hey, I was on that show!

*cough cough* I mean...

<.<

>.>

Ummm... I'm stone phillips.

..Just take a seat right there...
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by ckellingc

haha
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

I think that the members of UG ae much better at it than the police.
Im totally naked right now.

For reals

/BlackZeppelin tribute
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Here comes the..

BOOM!
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ