Im looking at buying a pair of Bareknuckle pick ups, mainly the bridge for now as I dont have enough for both. But with the pickups I was looking at, I noticed that some had Ceramic magnets, and others had Alcino V magnets, and I was wondering what the difference is between them, and what do you prefer?

I play all music with incredibly amounts of gain: i.e. Metal/shred/hardcore and so on.

Which type of magnet should I be looking at getting?

Thanks in advance!!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
ceramics would be best for hardrock and metal
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Ceramics will be more trebley and will have terrible cleans. They will handle high gain better.

It sounds like that's what you want.
^maybe terrible cleans on the low end models... but at the quality he is looking at, good clean sounds shouldn't be too evasive.
Ah, didn't see that they were BKs. Yes, they'll probably have decent cleans then.
Sweet then I guess Im looking for BK with ceramic pick ups. I was hoping for more of a low end sound, since I drop my tunnings, and play really heavy riffs, I was looking at more bass rather than treble, do the alcino V magnets have more bass?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
No I would say ceramics, in general, should handle drop tunings better than alnicos.
That said, just get the Nailbombs. They're incredible and they're very much an exception to the above. Pin from SikTh uses them and he often drops the bass string to Ab on their newer material.
Last edited by Nolly at Jan 30, 2007,
it sounds like you need a set of ceramic warpigs hehe. the ceramics seem tighter while the alcino pickups are typically more open and natural sounding. the cleans on the alcinos are better too but with BKP ceramic pickups you will get pretty decent cleans esp if you turn down the volume on your guitar a bit.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Yeah actually I was looking at the Nailbomb and the Miracle mans, so far Im leaning towards the nailbomb though, the sound clips were pretty close to what I was looking for tonewize, and cleans are a big deal to me, so I'd like them to be as good as possible for an high output pick up.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
CERAMIC WARPIG im ordering one and a cold sweat as soon as i get paid
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
im getting a set of nailbombs as soon as i order a ct6m. hurray for BKP! haha.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

Im going to e-mail them and see what they say. Im still pretty indecisive. Any more suggestions?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
tim knows best, then maybe you and your ears, and probably lastly, us.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

^Why are you putting UG so low.... after Tim, Him, His Ears... hahahaha nevermind

Anyway, is there a BK Warpig (ceramic) clip playing leads.... cuz I can't seam to find lead Ceramic WP clips in the BK Players forum !!!

Oh yeah, I heard the Cold Sweat was awesome for Vai-ish tones, is this true ?? Or have I been fooled ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I remember listening to lots of warpig clips but it was mostly rhythm stuff. I recommend doing a search for "ceramic warpig clip" and see what comes up. I don't remember which ones were ceramic or alcino when i listened to the clips. The coldsweat is supposed to be a great lead pickup so I am sure you can get some vai-ish tones.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

Nope, they only have baritone rhythm Ceramic WP clips....... DAMN HEAVY !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I'd consider contacting BKP, they'll give you a better answer than you can get here...

I don't think it's totally cut and dried that it's "ceramic for metal, alnico V for rock". Ceramic tends to be tighter, worse cleans (probably still decent on a BKP), more modern distortion, while alnico V tends to have better cleans, still good distortion (but not quite so tight and clinical).

It really depends what you want- the standard warpig is alnico V, after all.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bluespunkmetal
^Why are you putting UG so low.... after Tim, Him, His Ears... hahahaha nevermind

Anyway, is there a BK Warpig (ceramic) clip playing leads.... cuz I can't seam to find lead Ceramic WP clips in the BK Players forum !!!

Oh yeah, I heard the Cold Sweat was awesome for Vai-ish tones, is this true ?? Or have I been fooled ??

i heard the miracle man (bridge) was the (closest) vai pickup, but I also got suggested the cold sweat for the neck for vai.

My guitar hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Roc8995
Ceramics will be more trebley and will have terrible cleans. They will handle high gain better.

It sounds like that's what you want.

you would think that, but BK have stunning cleans for cercamics! which is cool.
Thats really good to hear, that they have stunning cleans for ceramic pick ups =). I emailed tim and I'll see what he says, because Im still indecisive. Who has bareknuckles on here, could you tell me which ones you have and what style fo music you play?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded