I was thinking of putting in a SH4 JB on my fender strat. now from what i heard it'll be too trebly cause of the alder body and also has some problems with hum and its a humbucker At least in this occasion

Alot of people i heard dont recomend it on strats but from the audio samples online i really like the the harmonics and bite on distortions and the the edge that the cleans have and the fact that its not muddy like some other pickups out there

and will it sound good coil split what i mean is when you turn off one pup so that it becomes a single coil. I searched and got no results on if some humbuckers sound better coil split then others.

Any help is appreciated. Oh and the link for the pickup
CGDAEG
Alot of people i heard dont recomend it on strats but from the audio samples online i really like the the harmonics and bite on distortions and the the edge that the cleans have and the fact that its not muddy like some other pickups out there

Don't forget that the audio samples will be with the pickup in a different guitar, run through a different amp....well, likely a different amp I'd have thought the Custom Custom would have been a better bet for a strat.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/soundbytes.shtml
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah, i wouldn't go JB in a strat. Though granted, some of the best guitars I've tried it in have been alder (and it's sucked in other alder guitars). It's really hard to judge when it'll sound good.

custom custom is probably a decent choice, actually, it's bright, but not as bright as the jb. I wouldn't get it if you want to play high gain stuff, though, that alnico II can get a bit mushy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hello

I got a jb in a strat, sounds fine... but could be a little more brutal

I will change it next time I got some spare money, It is hard times right now. just bought a house and have a baby coming. So I have to settle for what I got..
go cowboys