Ok, I am looking for a new guitar, price limit = $1,200 USD, I play a lot of metal like Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, and Iron Maiden, but I also play other stuff including Steve Vai, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and The Shins. So I need a pretty versitile guitar. I really dont want a floyd rose but if the guitar fits me pretty well and it has a FR ill take it. I want a fairly light guitar but that is not a major factor in my desicion. And 24 frets would be cool but not necesssary. NO ODD SHAPES LIKE V's or EXPLORERS. Please help, thanks in advance.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
well musiciansfriend has les paul studios for $999.99 (new low price)

pretty versatile guitar.
^^^ I have a les paul, dont want another, keep trying lol
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
ESP KH-602 - $950
Dean Dime From Hell - $1000
Fernandes Ravelle Elite - $1000
Jackson SL2H Soloist - $1050
Jackson RR5 - $1100
Ibanez S2170F Prestige - $1300
Quote by Pacifica112J
ESP KH-602 - $950
Dean Dime From Hell - $1000
Fernandes Ravelle Elite - $1000
Jackson SL2H Soloist - $1050
Jackson RR5 - $1100
Ibanez S2170F Prestige - $1300

^^ thanks for the suggestions man, ill check them out
Quote by cameronc
schecter are pretty good for that type of music

^^ sorry, i hate schecter necks
Quote by Pants99
^^ thanks for the suggestions man, ill check them out

Actually, forget what I said earlier. That's right, forget it.

Go to Carvin's website and custom make your own. For $1200, you could have a Carvin that would absolutely pwn everything else.
I would rather just get a guitar that is pre made, I got a custom shop flying V a couple months ago and it didnt work out too good so I want a guitar that is already made.