What are some guitars with wider necks ? I have one of the ibanez shred hed packs that has a grg neck, if there are any Ibanez with wider that would be great... seeing as how I like the ibanez guitars.. just toss up some ideas of wide neck guitars please
i believe it's the seven stringers that have wider necks
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I think the cheap Schecters have wider necks (uncomfortable for most, but maybe it's good for you, I dunno). Perhaps it was PRS, but I'm quite positive it's Schecter :P
Classical Acoustic

Vigier guitars (the shawn lane at least) have perfectly flat fretboards (infinite radius) so they'll be pretty wide

wait do you mean wide or thick?
wide, for people with large fingers I guess.. i seem to always mess up a note because my finger is always on another string as well .. a little off topic, how the hell do you do a "hammer on"
Quote by Ronisonce
wide, for people with large fingers I guess.. i seem to always mess up a note because my finger is always on another string as well .. a little off topic, how the hell do you do a "hammer on"

1) Fret a note.
2) Keep finger on the note you originally fretted.
3) Forcefully "hammer" a finger farther down the fretboard onto a fret higher than the original one.

Ex:

----1h3----

Fret the first first fret on whatever string (ambiguous ftw) with your index finger (most logical way), keep it there and then slam your ring finger onto the third fret (generally the easiest finger to hammer on with if you ask me, then middle, then pinky).

4) Insert bacon into toaster.
also wide necks...are easier to play fast solos and arpeggios....i recommend some schecter( hellraiser maybe ) or an esp ltd......
wide next offer great playability, especially for shred and metal and such. There are a lot of diffrent necks nowadays and you should just try guitars out with different necks to see which suit you're hands and playing style.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Agile has a wide neck version, I believe it's the 3100 model.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Les Pauls' have quite big necks, well that's what mine feels like, but they're very comfortable.
just look for guitars that have Baritone in it, i belive thats what they refer to the wider neck as.
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
Washburn Dimebag models and PRS guitars tend to have wide fretboards, in my experience.
Quote by Ervinr82
just look for guitars that have Baritone in it, i belive thats what they refer to the wider neck as.

No, that's a longer neck.
+1 on a 7 string. I never used one until I semi-accidentally bought one on ebay. Now it's my fave.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
a seven string neck is wider to accomidate for the extra string, but dont have a bigger string spacing. which i believe is what you want.

jacksons IME have a larger string spacing, same with schecters. take a look at those.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
My BC Rich has got a really wide neck compared ot my Ibanez and Gibson. It's good for me because I've got short fat fingers and find it easier to fret notes cleanly on the wider neck.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
wide neck = Les Paul
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I like really big string spacing, because I mainly play bass mostly.

The Jeff Loomis sig appears to have pretty wide spacing.
haha