i play nothing but metal and i need to know which pedals i should get, maybe a new amp and pickups. i play lamb of god, trivium, decapitated, killswitch engage, god forbid, pantera, slayer etc.
i was thinking about a krank revolution or a krankenstien and i already have a digitech death metal pedal which sounds awesome. what about pickups and is there anything else that would get me alot of gain and anything for a heavier sound
Jackson Ke3 Kelly
Dean Exotica Acoustic
Gibson SG
Line 6 Spider II
Digitech Death Metal
Dunlop Cry-Baby From Hell

Soon to have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
get the revolution, get EMG pickups, preferably the Zakk wlyde sigs. and maybe a line 6 board with the whole 1000's of effects.
My Stuff.
Digitech's Death Metal Distortion Pedal
Digitech's RP50 Pedal
Line 6's Guitar Port
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Fender Amp
revolution heads are great, you get tons of gain, and the digitech sounds like crap compared to the gain on the amp, the dimebag head is good too
Krank is awesome. But Peavey 6505(5150) and Triple X are awesome and Cheaper. Lamb of God uses Mesa Boogies Mark IV and Framus head.

Pickups:
Killswitch, Slayer, and God Forbid- EMGs
Pantera adn Trivium- Dimebucker
L.O.G- Duncan 59' and JB
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
I would definitely recommend considering other amps as well. The Krank amps are, frankly, overpriced and very tonally limited. Not to mention their unscrupulous business practices. I suggest looking into, in no particular order:

Peavey 5150/6505
Framus Cobra
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Bogner Uberschall
Diezel VH4
Engl Powerball
VHT Pitbull
Splawn Pro Mod

One thing is for sure, you won't need a metal distortion pedal to go with any of these (or the Krank if you do decide go for it). At most you may want to get a tubescreamer of some type to kick in for a smooth soloing tone.
If you only play metal, then EMGs (get the active ones, not the HZs) should do the job perfectly, and eliminate the need for a noise suppressor.
i've tried a krank revolution, and frankly, i wasnt that impressed. More over the price is pretty high. Its been rumoured (mike amott is one of em) that most artistes that use the revolutions had to mod to it. So that kinda sums up how it sounds out of the box.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
well i did some research and the speakers that come with the revolution are shit. the ones one the krankenstien are really nice sounding though. thanks for all your input guys
Jackson Ke3 Kelly
Dean Exotica Acoustic
Gibson SG
Line 6 Spider II
Digitech Death Metal
Dunlop Cry-Baby From Hell

Soon to have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Check out Bill Lawrence(sp?) XXL pickups, they might help you get that Dimebag tone down.
Yeah, for pups, the Bill Lawrence XXL are pretty much Dimebuckers and are a bit cheaper. EMGs are good too.

I don't know much about amp models and all but the 5150 and 6505 amps are great. I hear Diezels are awesome also.

As far as effects go, maybe an overdrive pedal like a tubescreamer or SD-1.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
Don't go EMG unless you have a high end tube amp.
Skip digital effects like the Line 6 gear.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^Yeah, and buy his pedals..... ahahahhaha !
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!