Anyone use this? Im thinking of getting one ill be using it to play death metal mostly or if anyone knows of any other good ones im getting a behringer amp too its got distortion but i want a good pedal that will last and i wont have to upgrade im using a rouge distortion now and its startind to just scream and make noise.
the metal muff would def last longer than ur behringer... my gmx has random problems
i rarely use the top boost cos it hurts my ears... takes a bit to fiddle with
metal muff is great for rythm work imo
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
thanx it sounds good and i havnet heard alot of good stuff about behringer amps so i was able to find a used peavey 2x12 its a old one late 80s i think but i like peaveys alot i got a 15" peavey bass amp ive been playing my guitar through with cheap distotion i heard the distoriton isnt good but ill be getting this so thats no big deal
its awesome. as you can see i have one. great punch, and eq controls. the top boost is cool.
It is awesome, I have it, and can play all styles of metal, from classic metal, to death metal.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
mine sounds great at high volumes. i crank it through my 120 watt tube stack all the time.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
i had one it didnt sound good at high volumes

yeah it does. i smacked my amp up to twelve and it sounded better than when it was quiert. youve gotta mess with the eq.
how are they on tube vs solid state amps
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
they sound better through tube amps , but it sounds just fine on SS amps as long as you keep the volume on the pedal down so you dont overload the preamp transistors.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Arlabester
it sounds awful on ss. my spider II sounds awful with or without it.

Is there any situation when it doesn't?

I wish I could get my hands on a big muff myself... But I'm broke. And it wouldn't be of much use through a 15 watt amp.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
i have a gmx and the distortion is really good. My friend has the metal muff and although he doesnt have his set to death metal settings of any sort our distortion is similar. The gmx has a really good distortion tho...and very versatile it could definitley handle death metal i would say...