redrumsixsix6
878 IQ
yeah so like the title says, we are going to promote for our gig at the mall....how should we go about this. Suggestions please! How should we confront the people.
Angelus Mortem
Kiss My Bass
97 IQ
Flyers.

make a flyer with your band name/time/location.. and plaster the town with it

Record shops/music stores/ and hand them out...

Stick them on light poles.

make 500 copies and put them everywhere.

If you are a student, give them to classmates.

Let everyone know you are playing.
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass
Ibanez BTB575FM 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg V9 SVT/ Ampeg 8x10 Cab
Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster

Angelus Mortem
Last edited by Angelus Mortem at Jan 30, 2007,
J6strings21fret
UG Fanatic
1,472 IQ
Im not exactly sure, but some malls have bulliten boards to post events, make flyer and post it. Also, if your gonna contact people, make sure they arr...how should I say this..."click." Im sayin, if your a punk band, dont advertise to a 20 yr old prep...it wont work out....trust me :P.
Oneordinarylife
In the Labyrinth
66 IQ
Rent a hot air balloon, paint it with the gig details, hire someone to fly it so nobody in the band has to go up and potentially die.

Either that or the flier idea.
Quote by Ellron
Masterbate to her image then tell her about it...Then you will have to forget about her.

Quote by unplugtheradio
im gonna go tell my friends that if i die i want a myspace bulletin about me.
GL600FB
19 IQ
put it on youtube =p
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Angelus Mortem
Kiss My Bass
97 IQ
The internet is not a good idea here..

it has to be personal and local.

I used to make flyers for my band.. we won the Local battle of the bands 6 times in a row and retired from it undefeated.

It's all about getting the word out
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass
Ibanez BTB575FM 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg V9 SVT/ Ampeg 8x10 Cab
Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster

Angelus Mortem
drykilltrivhead
The Devil's Reject
69 IQ
1.Go on the internet, look up "how to make wheatpaste".
2.Then make a lot of copies of posters with an awesome picture or logo of your band, with name of band, time of gig, and date of gig. (what type of music you are, too)
3.Apply wheatpaste to the posters and stick up at mall and other places where lots of people will see it.
4. Being as wheatpaste is impossible to get off, the posters will be impossible to remove unless somebody sits there with a razor blade for an hour per poster.
Quote by The Spoon
I hope i dont get sigged but whats a dike?

Quote by blakkin
Yet another problem that can be easily solved by violent incest.

With Fingers Sore
redrumsixsix6
878 IQ
We have some tickets to sell our selves as well...should we walk up to ppl who look like they would like the music and try selling them...maybe bring a cd player and show them what we sound like?
Neogioh
Band
54 IQ
Quote by redrumsixsix6
We have some tickets to sell our selves as well...should we walk up to ppl who look like they would like the music and try selling them...maybe bring a cd player and show them what we sound like?

NO. That will turn people off automatically.

Set up a booth or something.
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
Flyers, Posters, word of mouth and handing out demo's
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
redrumsixsix6
878 IQ
well we cant really set up a booth....its a mall haha. But i will try and get at least one song for a demo. We have a lot of songs but there not quite done but i guess we can put like an un-mastered one on a cd....
darkspider 0
Screamager
99 IQ
Go up to a high balcony and throw money and fliers off of it.

OR for the less cliché, more civilised option, hand out demos and fliers, simple things.
whalepudding
UG Lovely Member
954 IQ
If you haven't got that much of a fanbase or publicity yet, make sure you tell everyone what sort of band it is. No-one's going to see a band based on just the name. Say what type of music you're going to play.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
redrumsixsix6
878 IQ
hey guys just to let you know that in New Jersey its illegal to promote your shows in the mall....or at the Quakerbridge mall anyway.........OH Well, the show went pretty well though
GiantRaven
UG Spammer
1,301 IQ
Quote by redrumsixsix6
hey guys just to let you know that in New Jersey its illegal to promote your shows in the mall....or at the Quakerbridge mall anyway.........OH Well, the show went pretty well though

Good for your show going well
redrumsixsix6
878 IQ
Quote by GiantRaven

Good for your show going well

haha yeah, we were kicked out by a security guard wearing one of those really pointy saucer hat things (idk why they wear them inside) he told us to find our ways out of the mall.
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Some of my former bandmates were also kicked out of a mall by a security guard before. They were just handing out flyers, not posting them anywhere. If you are playing in a store, they'll put up a poster for you guys if you give them one. Actualy give them more than 2 posters. For any show you ever have, think of this "Who will probably be there?" and the next question is "Where do these people hang out" . If you are playing at the mall around 7 pm on a Friday, you'll probably see a lot of teens, if you are playing at the mall at 1pm on a Tuesday, your audience will consist of 65 years old and up. If you are playing on a Saturday night, you'll have a mixed bag and probably a lot of familes.

If you know anyone who is an assistant manager or anything at another store in the mall, put a poster up there. Just make sure you ask people first, you don't want to give a bad impression before you even start playing. The local Hot Topic at my local mall doesn't allow posters in their window, but they do have a local music 3 ring binder at the front counter where you are free to put things. It's well known about and very accessible, ask for things like this.

I also like the Hot Air balloon idea......
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
The way to hate
Banned
1,292 IQ
Quote by Angelus Mortem
Flyers.

make a flyer with your band name/time/location.. and plaster the town with it

Record shops/music stores/ and hand them out...

Stick them on light poles.

make 500 copies and put them everywhere.

If you are a student, give them to classmates.

Let everyone know you are playing.

Seconded.

ALSO, if your school is like mine, they have a morning TV show. Advertise on that!

ALSO, invite your entire family, your friends, and all of your familie's friends. If everyone in your band does that, thats close to an extra 50 people... Assuming you're not an orphan and not a loser.