Ok it's like this . Im in a punk/ska band. I would like to know how this "punk screech" as I call it is made. An example I found is in Anti-Flag's "Depleted Uranium Is A War Crime." A home made video with the song is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RfNwdc6Lq4

The sound I am talking about is at 0:53-0:56. Help would be appreciated. Is this a affect? Bend? Help?
i hear nothing of interest.... there isnt any bend or anything.... it sounds like a slide down a few frets, if anything
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
...you mean a pick slide?

*haven't actually watched the video*
bhahahahahahahahaha "punk screech" hahaa
no offence but thats funny
haha
pick slide dude... haha...take ur pick...and slide it across the string...
pringles was originally going to be a tennis ball company

having a penis is like having a friend who always wants to play
either a pick slide or something like 7\4 from the seventh to the forth that kinda slide.... it doesnt sound like anything cool to me anyway.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
haha..oops now i feel like the dumbass...hha i didnt watch it, couldnt uhave looked up the tabs for it to figure it out?
pringles was originally going to be a tennis ball company

having a penis is like having a friend who always wants to play
haha..oops now i feel like the dumbass...hha i didnt watch it, couldnt uhave looked up the tabs for it to figure it out?

+1
Quote by Gunpowder
Just Look Up The Tab!! anyway, it would either be like on the low e a or d string
Quote by Gunpowder
Quote by jacksonassassin

There was only 1 tab on this song, and it was wrong from the start. -1 :P
I dont know if its what your talking about, but at that time during the verse i believe the guitar player throws in a unison bend that is
---6/8----
---8/10---
then go to a different website
Quote by Gunpowder
....well when one site doesnt have what your looking for, you usually go look for it on another site
Quote by Gunpowder
Quote by Dokken6113
I dont know if its what your talking about, but at that time during the verse i believe the guitar player throws in a unison bend that is
---6/8----
---8/10---

This guy has what I wanted!!! Thanks a lot!!!
...too bad he didnt tell you what strings
Quote by Gunpowder
it's actually a full bend

6--8 ---->(B STRING)
8--10 ---->(G STRING)

Bend the G string to reach the B notes

very common in Offspring solos
"DiSuSe"