whats up guys, well ive had my S470 for about a month now and i love everything about it except the pups, theyre too weak and thin for my taste. so i was thinking about getting some Evo's but im concerned they'll be too trebley for my taste, based on the EQ levels posted on the DiMarzio site. with my B-52 AT-212 amp, i mainly play hard rock and metal. and just to get an idea of my tone i have the low and high at max, same with the gain, and i have the mids scooped out. will the Evo's do what i want or should i look into something else?
I dont know about how they will work with your tone, but you have to be a very clean play to play with them. If you're sloppy, these pickups make it more noticeable, because they pick up every little nuance of you playing. Just warning you.
You don't need evos, these are lead pickups and they show EVERY mistake you make. Also they have little low end, so for metal stay away from them. They sound very VAI-ish , i mean they are his pickups.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by lp_dude_2
ok, so what would be a better choice?

D Sonic and Air Norton, best pup combo out there. I have it in my parker.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
well ive already got a D Sonic in my SZ320, im looking for something different. i did the pick up selecter thingy on the DiMarzio site and the two best ones it gave me were the Tone Zone and the Super 3, opinions on these?
Air Norton neck/Steve special bridge
Duncan 59 neck/Custom custom bridge
Bill Lawrence XL500c neck/XL500xl bridge
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Pair of breeds is the way to go, my friend.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Swineshead Vemon (Bridge)/Warthog (Neck)
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
yeah emgs are superb metal maybe a hz or from what ive seen and heard the 81/85 combo works real nice with metal i would personaly go with a dimebucker in the bridge and a evo in the neck a real nice clean and a very mean distortion sound i think