Hey guys. I am re-doing my strat I know what I want two of my pick ups but I dont know if I want to put 3 humbuckers in it or Put 2 on the bridge on the neck and a single coil in the middle. I want to put a Seymour Duncan Invader SH8 in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan S-6 distortion in the neck. I am thinking about putting another distortion in the bridge and move the invader to the middle or putting a hot coil in between them. What do you guys think is better?
My gear:
Epiphone Explorer
JB player strat
Spider II 30watt
Some knock off bass
Create bass amp 50 watt

www.myspace.com/ydayshero
it's like you're trying to be original while actually not being original at all.

just put an EMG 81 in there and join the rest of the uninspired metal heads that forgot thiers a clean channel too.
^+1

Sounds like...wait, do you even USE the clean channal? :0
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Yea i play through but not on my spider i play mainly 90s alternative stuff so i use it some times. and i dont want emgs in my strat im goin to put them in my explorer when i get enough money
My gear:
Epiphone Explorer
JB player strat
Spider II 30watt
Some knock off bass
Create bass amp 50 watt

Yea i know but the pickups were crap. i'm gettin a new amp soon but this is just a project that i am doing. i play grunge hard rock and some metal
My gear:
Epiphone Explorer
JB player strat
Spider II 30watt
Some knock off bass
Create bass amp 50 watt

Okay, well...if you're gonna go HSH...
Here's a pickguard...
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Pickguards/Strat_style_pickguards/Strat_Pickguards_Humbucker_Single_Humbucker.html
Doesn't have to be a single coil in the middle, but I'm going to recommend one for versatility. It'll also be hum cancelling in positions 2 and 4.

Neck - Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 - Great for hard rock. PAF tone. Think AC/DC. It'll also do for grunge, and the guy from Lamb of God uses this model, so it'll do for metal.
Middle - Seymour Duncan SSL52-1 Five-Two - Go here for your cleans. A single coil will give you tones that no humbucker can. This'll be able to handle hard rock and garage rock, as well.
Bridge - Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom - You can go with the SH-6, but honestly, this is already a pretty aggressive pickup. Excellent for hard rock, and aggressive enough for metal. Better matched for a Strat's wood type, anyway.

Use this diagram to wire it:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/lilhum_sing_lilhum_1v_2t_splits.html
^ thanks man that was alot of help and i love the pickguards i was looking for them allover the place.
My gear:
Epiphone Explorer
JB player strat
Spider II 30watt
Some knock off bass
Create bass amp 50 watt

No problem. Post in the Gear Building and Customizing when you do this, if you need help or something. I'll be more likely to see your post there and help ya out. It's actually pretty rare I post elsewhere.
Hm....You'll also need new electronics. Well, not need, but they'll help, sicne different values work better with a HB than a single coil. Yeah, post in the GB+C when you buy the pickups, and before you order anything other than the pickups.
Of course, you could have it all done by a guitar tech...but where's the fun in that?
Ok ill post in the other forum next time but my friend is helping me with all the wiring and what i need i am almost dont with it im painting it this weekend and hopefully be done by next week or so
My gear:
Epiphone Explorer
JB player strat
Spider II 30watt
Some knock off bass
Create bass amp 50 watt

Oh, it's no worries that it's in this forum. I'm just syaing if you need help.
But yeah, I mentioned all the electronics because single coils normally use 250K potentiometers (the tone controls), but humbuckers sound better with 500K potentiometers. Also, they use different tone capacitors. SC's use .047 microfarads, whilst HB's generally use .022 microfarads.