how is it that they don't stay in tune? they lock down at the bridge, right? seems like a simple enough design that there's not too much to go wrong
The knife edges on the bridge wear out much more quickly than a quality locking unit, and they do not hold their tuning as well.
no
the sharp edges at the 2 pivot points, where the trem floats on the studs. The good trems use hardened steel which lasts a lot longer, but it's a more expensive processing.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
so those knife edges on the pro 2 are the main issue for this model? they wear down more quickly?
yeah, it's not hardened steel, so they start to wear down a lot faster. Once those wear, it can cause the trem to pivot different on use or return, so tuning stability gets affected.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Simply said, they're just made of crap material compared to better FRs, thats all.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Someone once said that they're made up of aluminium filled with clay.Lol
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Erock503
the sharp edges at the 2 pivot points, where the trem floats on the studs. The good trems use hardened steel which lasts a lot longer, but it's a more expensive processing.

+1

the really cheap trems use cast processing techniques, not precision engineering which the good trems use.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?