Poll Options
View poll results: Do You Use Picks
Yes
20 80%
No
5 20%
Voters: 25.
Do you use a pick

i personally dont' and ive been playing for abouty 2-3 years and im compelty hopeless with picks

FIngerPICKinG FTW
i normally play with a pick, but I learned both ways just in case I don't have one on me or I break my previous one

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
i use picks but try to finger pick on occasion, but i usually do a combonation of both. i'll use the pick to strike a string and then pluck a different string with another finger at the same time. not sure what it's called....plucking?
Quote by yawn
^ Hybrid picking, I believe.

there it is. i knew there was some term for it.
I use both, it all depends on the feel I want for the song.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
if im playing acoustic generally i don't use a pick but for electric i do most of the time

its cool since i usually use my fingers to strum and whatnot the nail on my index finger has become harder and grows a lot slower than my fretting hand
I do both. But mostly just use my fingers because i never carry picks around with me in the house so when i get impulses to play guitar i often dont have a pick around. But I do play with picks a bit.
Red Dunlop Tortex's FTW!
Mostly fingerpicking, but it depends on what i'm playing...

My favourite pick btw is Orange Star Pick!
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side...