I bought a Triple Rectifier and is there a way to get a really thick sound without a EQ pedal. I have one but it would be nice to get a really thick sound without it, I can't seem to find a really good sound without using the EQ pedal. Any suggestions? I'm using an Ibanez K7 guitar and my EQ is the MXR M-108 10 Band EQ. I am running it through the effects loop.
Crank it. It'll really take some time to tweak your settings. And one touch of the volume, gain, treble, bass, mid knob and you're in knob-turning Hell again.

Welcome to the world of the Rectifier-Owner's-Hell!

Also as well, you're sound won't sound really thick without a full-band. Sure, I love my Recto's tone when I'm alone. But put it with the rest of the band and it really shines.
I've heard that the 3x Rec is a pain to get EQed right when you first get it. Mess around with it...crank it, obviously, but just twist the knobs until you get something that sounds halfway decent.

You may also want to look for other people's EQ settings online (famous people, ect) just to see what works for them.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
check my thread called callign all mes aowners, good place for mesa questions.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
click my name, then click threads i started, wolla, calling all mesa owners.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
np
Mail Goes here.