I currently own a Schecter C-1+
bridge pickup : Duncan SH-4 JB
Wood mehagony(sp?)

Ok, I have a problem, I own a tube crate palamino, which has a normal warm distortion, but a few problems arise when I crank it.

firstly it has a fuzz or hum that comes out, it's like a radio when not on a channel.

Secondly, the volume is set up in two knobs. The first is called gain and adjusts the preamp and as long as its pretty far below the level knob(amp volume) it has a large amount of distortion. However, as the level knob is turned up the gain loses, gain. And I can't turn the gain up because it's already cranked out at 9-10.

So, I have a problem on how to get more gain, so I borred a friends overdrive pedal. What I got was nice, unfortunatly it has a problem because that fuzz was louder, and I still didn't have the crunch.
Anyway, long story short, I am getting a tube screamer, but I am normally a simplest and I would like to get my amp to overdrive a bit more and want a high output pickup, but keep the tone. (so no EMGs)

I was suggested the Gibson Burstbucker Pro, which sounds like a good option, but I just want some more opinions.

If youre looking for what I want I want a sound like Fall Out Boy, Plain White T's, etc.
Muddy with a little articulation for solos.
hmmm well my my friend gain isnt a volume control. level is the volume control.
you need to crank the level and the gain knobs over, and stick an overdrive pedal before the preamp, and that should help you.
also you may not be able to get that sound your looking for out of that amp
the speakers you use, the tubes you use, all have something to do with the sound
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
For your amp (no pedals):
Crank the gain (volume=zero)
slowly turn up the volume while hitting a string (sound check)
Stand far away
Don't stand near a T.V. or cell phones

With pedal
Set a clean tone on amp with low volume
turn up gain and volume on pedal
sound check while slowly turning up amp volume

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
the burstbuckers sound pretty good, but they go for like 100-120 dollars last time i looked
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
u prolly installed it wrong
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Quote by blacklp
hmmm well my my friend gain isnt a volume control. level is the volume control.
you need to crank the level and the gain knobs over, and stick an overdrive pedal before the preamp, and that should help you.
also you may not be able to get that sound your looking for out of that amp
the speakers you use, the tubes you use, all have something to do with the sound

Blinding flash of the obvious, but thanks for the comment on the burstbucker, you think that will work?
guitarist, you weren't any help at all.

I need to know about pickups, not how to work my amp.

EDIT:
Quote by M4jorpiz
u prolly installed it wrong

Installed what wrong!? The 1/4 cord!? Did you read my post or are you just a compulsive typer?