Hey im deciding to buy a new amp i have two in mind any opinions on these
a crate = http://www.zzounds.com/item--CRAGT212
a line6 = http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINSPIII75

my playing style is from classic rock to metal any feed back i would appreciate thx
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w
You could get better amps for the price. Look at Roland Cubes or Vox Valvetronix's. Or if you can go up to $400, look at a Fender Blues Jr.
Sent from my iPad.
those amps sound so... plain. save up for something else recommended.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Well it obviously depends on how much you wanna spend. But in my opinion if your going to buy an amp you might as well buy one that wont need replacing as soon as you figure out you dont love it as much as you thought you did. One thing I always believe is that the best amps have nothing on them....not even reverb. Just good old tube distortion.

Also....avoid spiders like the plague. Unless you wanna have a totally digital, no warmth tone, with crappy dynamics dont fall for the bells and wistles of a spider. IMO stay away from line6 and any other digital amp....but some people just love them. I however feel that pedal boards are the way to go for the best customization of tone.

Bottom line: in most cases you get what you pay for....and while you may love to shell out the cash now, wait. I believe there was an article posted on here a few month back in the junkyard about a similar idea.

If you love the tone your getting through your guitar and pedals....I agree with PaintITblack...get a fender that has an amazing clean channel. Then let the pedals show through....Hope this is some help
Give us a better price range, with two numbers ect.

Also, what kind of music do you play, what are your current pedals, guitars ect, give us some more to go on and we can better suit your question.

Also, solid state modeling is a no no unless its a practice amp for personal use only... IMO

I just re-read the first post, and no I feel like a total retard.

but give us a maximum price and well help.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Last edited by SGKIDD at Jan 30, 2007,
um from 200-400 just need something better than my junkie behringer
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w
Check out vox...most people over look them. But If you do what everyone else does your just going to sound like everyone else.

But no matter what you do you should go to your local music store....bring your guitar and a pedal or two. That way you know exactly what your buying rather than hearing how the stores guitar sounds. If they give you crap for it just tell them "look....if i am going to shell out the cash I wanna know exaclty what I am getting." most are pretty cool about it.
Stay with your practice amp until you save up enough to buy one real nice amp.

For about $300 you could get a used Randall RG series amp. Yeah it's SS but the good kind, killer metal tones.

For a bit more money you could go with a B-52 AT212 or Peavey Windsor (you'd need a cab here, another $250 or so for a Genz Benz G-flex 2x12).
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.