Ok, so I just won a Oscar Schmidt OE30 by Washburn on ebay for under $100..basically I just wanted a cheap semi-hollow as a backup guitar, and just because I didn't have a semi-hollow. Anyway, my question is what kind of wood is it made out of? I did some research but no one seems to list that aspect of it. I mean, if it's something semi-decent, I'd upgrade it a bit..perhaps a bigsby and some better pickups..but if not, I don't want to waste any extra money on it.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
I dont remember what the wood on it is, but I own one, and mine is amazing, I can't believe I got such a great guitar for $150 USD, the action is great and the pups sound good already, but they could be upgraded.
GEAR:
67' Gibson ES-335(Cherry)
Oscar Schmidt Delta King
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
PEDALBOARD:
TC Electronic Polytune
Fulltone GT-500
Vox Wah
Ernie Ball volume
Sparkle Drive (clean boost)
Boss DD-20
Awesome, sounds good.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
alright..that's cool...assuming this one is in good condition I'll probably end up upgrading it a bit
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
yea..but I figure since I only paid $96 (plus shipping for it), over the summer I might refinish it, preferably white, with some gold hardware, and definitely a bigsby..I love the looks of semi-hollows with bigsbys..lol..I figure it should be a good guitar to take to college..

EDIT: ..yea..on second thought..gonna keep it the same color, but still go with the gold..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180078308148&rd=1&rd=1

thats the guitar for anyone that cares..
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Last edited by SlipAway at Jan 31, 2007,
Sorry for the double post, but this is already on the second page..

I did some more research, and I found a website that says it's a maple body. Does that sound right to anyone?
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3