Page 1 of 2
aight so i smoked a good amount of weed with sum buddies this past weekend, and i took the beep test in gym 2 days later (monday), and i only got a 9.5-still one of the best in the class, but last time we did it i got 11. (there's different versions of it, different dificulties, but for this one at about 7 half the people are gone. so a 9.5 is around top 5 in the class, 11 is top 3 or 2

then i played hockey tonite, and i ate right before (beef & rice), which, any athlete knows, eating before playing (especially beef) is a stupid f*cking idea and makes you feel like shit, play like shit, and possibly bring it back up the way it came in...which is exactly what happened....

so im pretty sure the hockey thing is explained for itself, but it got me thinking....i've been smokin weed for a while, but in the last couple weeks on weekends, missing a weekend in between here or there, but we blaze like 3-4 grams a weekend between 4 of us...

so im wonderin....it cant REALLY have that kind of an impact this quickly can it? i mean, come on, that's f*ckin fast. i'd expect it to take that affect on your body over a MUCH longer period of time. i kno a joint is like 8 ciggs, but...i duno, im jus thinkin out loud here

thoughts??? it can't take this affect this quickly can it?
I once tried to eat something I found on my balls. It turned out to be a cookie.

Quote by Darkrunner
Faggot and homo.....nothing wrong with those terms. They simply describe a man who sticks his weiner in another man's turd tunnel.......
Well, you could have just been having a bad day for it. But also...you are inhaling burning smoke into your lungs. Weed isn't really dangerous, but don't take that to mean that holding in fire is going to make you breathe better.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Dude...are you blazed right now? This thread is hard to understand...I'm not sure exactly what the question you're asking is...maybe restate it in a shorter and more simple form, without the backstory.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
Try smoking from a bong rather than joints in order to minimise the negative impact of smoking on respiratory health, also, if you plan on smoking occasionally and participating in athletics I would recommend that you run occasionally in order to strengthen your lungs as much as possible.

That said, I've never noticed such things happening from personal observation although obviously different individuals are affected quite differently by recreational drugs.
Quote by bobthemonkey14
Dude...are you blazed right now? This thread is hard to understand...I'm not sure exactly what the question you're asking is...maybe restate it in a shorter and more simple form, without the backstory.

I was gonna say that too
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by Shredder6
9.5? your class sucks

lol like i said bud, there's ALOT of different beep tests. trust me. if your gettin 9.5 on the same test, its worth 85-90% as a mark. there's ones where you start at level 1, ones that go faster (eg. easier to get to higher levels), all that....this one starts at 0 and is fukin hard...we did one from austrailia last year and i got 15....go figure...

Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Well, you could have just been having a bad day for it. But also...you are inhaling burning smoke into your lungs. Weed isn't really dangerous, but don't take that to mean that holding in fire is going to make you breathe better.

who inhales BURNING WEED? nah man, i hold the smoke in all the time, usually for only 5 secs or so...sometimes up to 20 or 30 if we're marathoning it...
I once tried to eat something I found on my balls. It turned out to be a cookie.

Quote by Darkrunner
Faggot and homo.....nothing wrong with those terms. They simply describe a man who sticks his weiner in another man's turd tunnel.......
Quote by WrongWay
naw smoking weed is good for you

Not exactly...it ****s up your lungs if you smoke it a lot...and it kills brain cells...I'd have to say it's better than cigarettes, but I smoke both, so I shouldn't talk. I'm not sure if it should be taking such a toll on your body, though, if it's only occasional blazing. I agree with smoking out of a bong...I'm not sure how much weed affects your performance, though...since I've been smoking cigs before I started blazing. Maybe google it?
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
i smoke 3-4 grams a day

im doing fine *cough cough*
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Forgot to mention this in my previous post, it is not necessary to hold the smoke in your lungs for more than a few seconds as the vast majority of the THC is absorbed in that time, holding the smoke in for longer will only damage your lungs.

Edit:Weed does not kill brain cells as does alcohol, although structural changes have been observed in animal studies in very high dosages, meaning that it is certainly not perfectly safe in this respect.

Why do I always waste the moste time on UG when I'm supposed to be writing a paper?
Last edited by allalong at Jan 30, 2007,
Yah, Youll end up hurting your lungs. Breathing in any kind of burned material is really bad for you.
Quote by allalong
Forgot to mention this in my previous post, it is not necessary to hold the smoke in your lungs for more than a few seconds as the vast majority of the THC is absorbed in that time, holding the smoke in for longer will only damage your lungs.

Unless you take a FAT RIP, DUUuuude...

Damn...this thread makes me want to smoke.
Quote by Dæmönika

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
...and it kills brain cells...

while smoking pot kills brain cells...i heard that headbanging itself kills more.
dont judge a guy by the guitar he plays, but how he plays it
Yeah, it ends up screwing your lungs. My friend was once a very fast athlete, with around 5:45 minute miles. He started smoking weed and his times have dropped considerably. Still good times, though.
Quote by atm_sk8er
who inhales BURNING WEED? nah man, i hold the smoke in all the time, usually for only 5 secs or so...sometimes up to 20 or 30 if we're marathoning it...

Sorry but uh..I reread my comment and then yours a few times, and I'm still not sure how they relate, other than they both had the word "inhale"

And I would hope you light your weed before you toke it, otherwise uh...I'd kinda like to know how you smoke unlit joints.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
A joint is not the equivalent of 8 ciggarettes - cigs are much worse for you than weed, and will have more harm over both short and long term exposure.
no
Quote by allalong

Edit:Weed does not kill brain cells as does alcohol, although structural changes have been observed in animal studies in very high dosages, meaning that it is certainly not perfectly safe in this respect.

Why do I always waste the moste time on UG when I'm supposed to be writing a paper?

you sound like you know what you're talking about but where r u gettin this info from?

Quote by Darkrunner
Although smoking does affect your health, stamina, and other cardio activities to a degree, the streotype of smokers can't run is only true for those smokers that don't exercise regularly.

I run 5 miles a day and smoke maybe 4-5 cigarettes a day also and smoke weed when I'm around friends. I never feel slow or tired from the smoking. For the longest time I thought I was just lucky, until I started talking to a guy on the track team that goes to my community college. He's a smoker and I asked him if it slows him down. He said it doesn't because his lungs are already trained to handle long distrance runs.

Then I remembered that I've been running the same 5 miles before I started smoking (About when I was 17). So basically, smoking only affects those fat lazy bastards that never exercise.
Quote by WrongWay
naw smoking weed is good for you

Yeah...because consuming a relatively high volume of smoke into your lungs is a good thing.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by musicianamedave

Yeah...because consuming a relatively high volume of smoke into your lungs is a good thing.

haha yea

Quote by Darkrunner
Quote by Sirdonikis
Although smoking does affect your health, stamina, and other cardio activities to a degree, the streotype of smokers can't run is only true for those smokers that don't exercise regularly.

I run 5 miles a day and smoke maybe 4-5 cigarettes a day also and smoke weed when I'm around friends. I never feel slow or tired from the smoking. For the longest time I thought I was just lucky, until I started talking to a guy on the track team that goes to my community college. He's a smoker and I asked him if it slows him down. He said it doesn't because his lungs are already trained to handle long distrance runs.

Then I remembered that I've been running the same 5 miles before I started smoking (About when I was 17). So basically, smoking only affects those fat lazy bastards that never exercise.

I resent that. I used to be able to run like crazy before I started smoking, and now, although I can run fast, I can't run distances anymore. Not to mention that 4-5 cigs doesn't do much...and it also depends on how long you've been smoking. I've been smoking a pack a day for a year now, and TRUST me...it makes a difference.
Quote by Dæmönika

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
Quote by atm_sk8er
aight so i smoked a good amount of weed with sum buddies this past weekend, and i took the beep test in gym 2 days later (monday), and i only got a 9.5-still one of the best in the class, but last time we did it i got 11. (there's different versions of it, different dificulties, but for this one at about 7 half the people are gone. so a 9.5 is around top 5 in the class, 11 is top 3 or 2

then i played hockey tonite, and i ate right before (beef & rice), which, any athlete knows, eating before playing (especially beef) is a stupid f*cking idea and makes you feel like shit, play like shit, and possibly bring it back up the way it came in...which is exactly what happened....

so im pretty sure the hockey thing is explained for itself, but it got me thinking....i've been smokin weed for a while, but in the last couple weeks on weekends, missing a weekend in between here or there, but we blaze like 3-4 grams a weekend between 4 of us...

so im wonderin....it cant REALLY have that kind of an impact this quickly can it? i mean, come on, that's f*ckin fast. i'd expect it to take that affect on your body over a MUCH longer period of time. i kno a joint is like 8 ciggs, but...i duno, im jus thinkin out loud here

thoughts??? it can't take this affect this quickly can it?

i smoke weed on a regular basis and i get between 13.9 and 14.6 on every beep test. 11 is high in your class? wow
Quote by allalong

I'd like to see links to some reliable info on that...cuz' the only reason I said that weed kills brain cells is because I've seen it on several websites.

Not that I don't believe you...I know people who can bullshit and sound incredibly intelligent...so I don't really trust much of anything anyone says unless I've seen it before, or I get proof.
Quote by Dæmönika

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
If people smoked more bud, no one would care enough to think about these things.

So lets pass a J around.
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

Am I the only guy who doesn't know what a beep test is?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon

Yeah whats a beep test? My class graduated 70 so im guessing we didnt have enough money to buy one.
Quote by MedicreDemon

Its an endurance exercise, where a tape beeps, and you run a short distance. When it beeps again, you run back, and so on and so forth. Eventually, it speeds up (or increases levels) When you can't make it to the other side before the next beep, your done.
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

Quote by bobthemonkey14
I'd like to see links to some reliable info on that...cuz' the only reason I said that weed kills brain cells is because I've seen it on several websites.

Not that I don't believe you...I know people who can bullshit and sound incredibly intelligent...so I don't really trust much of anything anyone says unless I've seen it before, or I get proof.

Well the fact that weed kills brain cells is untrue. You could ingest THC to end without killing brain cells. What kills brain cells is holding your breath fro 30 seconds. So you could argue that going swimming kills brain cells. Farts in elevators kill brain cells. Whatever.
Quote by bobthemonkey14

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20051015/fob7.asp
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Jakeylee111

That's interesting...thank you.
Quote by Dæmönika

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
You suck. Rehab yesplz
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
Quote by bobthemonkey14
Not exactly...it ****s up your lungs if you smoke it a lot...and it kills brain cells...I'd have to say it's better than cigarettes, but I smoke both, so I shouldn't talk. I'm not sure if it should be taking such a toll on your body, though, if it's only occasional blazing. I agree with smoking out of a bong...I'm not sure how much weed affects your performance, though...since I've been smoking cigs before I started blazing. Maybe google it?

nope, it has been proven that it doesn't kill brain cells, this was a myth that was started when some stupid scientist did an experiment in which he gave monkeys a HUGE overdose of it.

but yea, don't smoke too much, it will screw up your lungs a bit
Page 1 of 2