Hey, I'm new here so I should first say hi everyone. I've been coming to this site for years now but for some reason it never dawned on me to join the forums until one of my bandmembers convinced me.

ANYWAY...it appears I have outgrown my Fender Performer 650. I am happy with my guitar, my Pick-ups and the one pedal I actually use. So....its time for a new amp.

I play metal...thats the bottom line. I want an amp that just simply has an amazing tone. and it is more important that it sounds good than it is a gain monster. I'm looking for tone....not death-in-a-box. I want a tight rhythm tone and creamy liquid-like leads. I'm new to the gear world....so whats out there???
man how much money you got? I say Mesa Mark IV. I know it's got the liquid leads, and it's definitely versatile.
Randall Warhead, Mesa Dual/Triple Recto or a 5150 would definately be worth a look for you, but like bonnytylermoore said, what's your price range?
Hey um look into the VHT Deliverance 60...

Haha, See All the amp names that come up here, on UG arent you glad you joined now.

And no he has no cab, well my cab sorta, for now, but he'll need his own sometime....
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
yeah Im not worred about the cab right now...I have one I can use for the time being. I can get the money for a cab after the amp. I have a generous bandmate. But I just really wanna know which amps I should check out instead of wasting time. So far I have a couple ideas....
Really, Im generous now eh?

Um guys also dont foget hes new here, and I'm too lazt to show him the ropes so gibe him a few pointers ?!
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Perhaps...... a boosted setup...

JCM 800/900 + Boost Pedal..... boom...... Metallica, Slayer, Mastodon, CoB.....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
try the b-52 stealth series, i played one today at the store and they have a really nice sound
Wait..... SGKIDD and Crim_Eve are actually real life friends ??

Shame on you SGKIDD, you should've taught him everything UG taught you without making him having to join UG on his own...

Now, that he has join this dreaded pit of GAS, no one can save him !! no ONE !!! And it's all becuz of JOU !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Try a VHT, Engl Blackmore, or a Soldano Lucky 13. Those things ooze tone out the ass.
Last edited by TehJermie at Jan 31, 2007,
Mesa boogies, but if you are on a budget, try the peavey valveking
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
I would give my left testicle for a Soldano, but I think most would.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by metallica_death
try the peavey valveking
Stay away from the VK seeing as you have a nice bit to spend!
But yeah I would recommend either a JCM900/800. Or the dsl50/100. They are pretty good!
Quote by aliwilson27
I would give my left testicle for a Soldano, but I think most would.

You can get the Hot Rod or Lucky 13 at a reasonable used price and get that ****in' awesome SLO tone and some owners seem to like it as much. The lucky 13 has a bad ass clean channel too.
For that sort of money by a Mesa Mark IV and you'll never need another amp. Killer cleans, killer tone, more gain than you could ever use. It will always be worth what you pay, providing you stay around $1200 or so.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Wait..... SGKIDD and Crim_Eve are actually real life friends ??

Shame on you SGKIDD, you should've taught him everything UG taught you without making him having to join UG on his own...

Now, that he has join this dreaded pit of GAS, no one can save him !! no ONE !!! And it's all becuz of JOU !!!

Well actually I gave it to him along time ago, GAS that is, and really this was just so I couldhe could get some outside opinon to my VHT mesa heavy biased love. oh and gibson guitars, and ibanez bbe and boss fx only kinda idea... im a one track dude and i gotta have it my way...

Also if ayof you know where to find sound clips of these that would be super-awesome...!

'...caugh vht caughcaugh deliverance caugh.."
Mail Goes here.

Check out the Peavey JSX, the leads are liquidy smooth, the rythms are tight and chunky, the clean is sparkly and warm. Should be in your price range if you live in canada or the U.S. if you're from the UK they definitely have some choices too:
Framus Cobra is a beauty, same with the ENGL Powerball.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded