i play mostly metallica, but with a little alice in chains, pearl jam and bands like that thrown in once in awhile. i want a guitar that is mostly for hard rock and that is the best bang for my buck. i was looking at either jackson, esp, or ibanez. please help me out
Metallica rules the world!!!

Member Number 5 of Metallica Mensa
check out epi les pauls, but if your gonna get a epi put new pickups in it
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
what do u guys think about the DK2 dinky?

If you can swing a DK2m I'd say go for it. Only because I like their maple boards a bit better.

A used Ibanez RG550 is absolutely a killer guitar similar to the ones you mention as is a Charvel model 2, 3, or 4.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
what amp have you got?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ Hey! Don't clutter this thread with sensibility!
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
LTD FX-400? Or the more older counter-part EX-400. Maybe the EX-400VB if you want a "Metallica pwns ur ghey azz guitar" look.
i have a cube 15 but plan on getting a better one soon. whats better DK2 or LTD FX-400 or EX-400VB? thanks

What guitar do you currently have? Maybe a new amp is what you need more.
Zebra! llll llll llll llll llll

Save the Zebra's
Quote by Mudder
^^ Hey! Don't clutter this thread with sensibility!

hehe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Go for a new amp first. Best thing to do. Unless you have a Wal-mart guitar of course.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Go for a new amp first. Best thing to do. Unless you have a Wal-mart guitar of course.

He has a cube.. he's fine.. especially considering he's not getting a better amp for under $500...

Otherwise I say go for either the DK2 or DK2M, and change the floyd in about a year or two...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by fredthecat
Your amp is a lot more important than your guitar.

i couldnt disagree with you more
Quote by Striketalonx
He has a cube.. he's fine.. especially considering he's not getting a better amp for under $500...

Otherwise I say go for either the DK2 or DK2M, and change the floyd in about a year or two...

Uhhhhh, The Fender Blues Junior is $400 and it beats the hell out of most amps that cost twice as much. Unless your a metalhead then be my guest and get a Marshall MG or Line 6 Spider and pwn my face 0ff cuz im a "n00b who doesnt know how to shr3d".
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
Quote by Shadow678
Uhhhhh, The Fender Blues Junior is $400 and it beats the hell out of most amps that cost twice as much. Unless your a metalhead then be my guest and get a Marshall MG or Line 6 Spider and pwn my face 0ff cuz im a "n00b who doesnt know how to shr3d".

I'll agree with the Blues Junior, unless you're playing anything heavier than classic rock...

But the second comment is appalling..

You realize that many metalheads will play hi-end, hi-gain amps exlusively. VHT, Bogner, Diezel, Mesa, ENGL, and many, many more are around because of their hi-gain amps (with the exception of Bogner, who's Shiva's/XTC's are amazing).
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by imSpecial2
What guitar do you currently have? Maybe a new amp is what you need more.

Ibanez GSZ120 think i should get a new amp first? what would be a good amp then? mostly for hard rock and some softer stuff too. thanks

Quote by ThrashMan981
i couldnt disagree with you more

Oh wow, I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you really think a $5000 guitar through a $50 amp sounds better than a $50 guitar through a $5000 amp?
Quote by fredthecat
Oh wow, I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you really think a $5000 guitar through a $50 amp sounds better than a $50 guitar through a $5000 amp?

I think he's getting at, if you had an amp and no guitar, no guitar playing but if you had a guitar and no amp you could still play the thing.
Make an offer on my sg then go for a Vox Valvetronix
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by fredthecat

to be fair, that's an extreme that shouldn't happen in real life- unless a guitar-playing relative happened to leave you a kickass amp or guitar in his/her will. And again, it's extremely likely that said relative would have a good guitar or amp to leave to you as well.

I agree the amp is more important, but within reason. If you have $5000 to spend, and a $50 guitar, I'd advise you to spend about $2000-$3000 on a good amp or two, and a similar amount on a good guitar or two.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
these are quite nice but it maybe out of your price Ibanez s520ex

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Epiphone Less Paul Standard Is Theeeeee Best For 500$ Man Exactly 500$ Unless You Get It Plain For 400$ I Own This Guitar You Could Also Get A Low Line Gibson
But Th$e Epiphone Rulez And Scoolz Everything
i'd get a good dovetail guitar with great sustain and a couple o humbuckers. your basic les paul lookalike.
or a gazillion toothpicks and build a guitar replica with them.
<NHBoy> I broke my G-string while fingering a minor
<rycool> ...

Quote by cheames
you appear to have sigged on of my drunken posts
Quote by tjcrazy16
you could get an ESP KH-202 kirk Hammett for about $420-$450.

yea i was looking at one of those. whats everyones opnions on that guitar/\?
also i really like that ibanez S520EX. any info on it?
and also iam going to get a guitar fisrt then upgrade my amp in a few months. thanks

Last edited by metrules33 at Feb 1, 2007,
Quote by metrules33
yea i was looking at one of those. whats everyones opnions on that guitar/\?
also i really like that ibanez S520EX. any info on it?
and also iam going to get a guitar fisrt then upgrade my amp in a few months. thanks

The KH-202 has a horrible trem.
ok this weekend is when i get my guitar and i have one qeustion. is the neck of a jackson about the same as a ibanez? i have a ibanez now and i really like how thin the neck is. also if the jacksons do have thicker necks count them out of the two brands that iam looking at, what would be the best ibanez or esp/ltd guitar i can get for about 650$? i kinda want active emgs but whatever sounds good for metal and hard rock. thanks

Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 w/ EMGs.

It's only $500.

Do it.

...unless you have a crappy amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The necks on a Jackson are not as thin, but they're still pretty awesome. I'd look into the LTD EC series, or EX/FX series.

Maybe an Ibanez RG of some sort.
any specific brand for the LTD /\ like one with the best tremelo and active emg's ? thanks for the replies. and i will be upgrading my amp so dont worry about that

Quote by Shadow678

MG's suck EVEN FOR shredding metal heads.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Quote by metrules33
any specific brand for the LTD /\ like one with the best tremelo and active emg's ? thanks for the replies. and i will be upgrading my amp so dont worry about that

If you want a good trem for $650, I'd look at Ibanez. Though, you'd most likely have to swap the pups.
none of the ltd have good trems?