--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so i gave up on trying it, and now i wanna try it again. I've got an ibanez lo-pro trem. http://www.jemsite.com/tech/img/t_edg-pr.jpg
I wanna block it so i can detune, switch tunings, change my string gauge...etc w/o having to make mega-adjustments.
So I've tried to figure out how to ask my questions,

1. Can i just block it like this

Set a piece of wood right below in the circled area, then take out all the springs in the back, so the trem would rest on the piece of wood, would that work??

2. I've also heard that you can insert 2 blocks of wood.
Such as

If i have to go this route, I've looked at the back, and my trem has these orange things coming down the from the sattles where the strings are held in place, as in the picture

How do i get around this, because obviously it's gonna get in the way. Also, where you put the one block in the cavity, near the springs, how do i get around the springs w/o taking them off, or would i have to take them off?
Either way, i wanna eliminate it totally, where i can take my springs off completely, seeing that if i were to get a new trem, it'd be a really ofr. Thats why i thought my first idea could work, seeing that if there were no springs, the trem couldn't raise up.
Thanks guys!
You never remove the springs. Just but a block of wood on the opposite side of the springs.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
the first one wouldnt work would it? (as the trem would go up not down, due to the strings)
or you could get a tremol-no of whatver there called
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Okay, I can't see the pictures or follow the links as you might have noticed.
You don't mess with the springs. You block the back/bottom/opposite end of the springs with a block of wood/ pile of picks/whatever. Make sure your strings are loose.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
1st of all, you block the right side, which doesnt have any springs. Then remove the springs, 1 or 2, enough to get another piece of wood in there. Then afterwards, re-attach your spring and you can tighten it to full way for better sustain.

**Make sure you have the correct measurement for the pieces of woods. You can also sandwich a thinner piece if the previous piece is too thin.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Gah, that's an Edge Pro, not a Lo-Pro... My guess is that you have an Ibanez Prestige RGT somesort?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
you mod it? coz there's no RG3xx series that comes with an Edge/LoPro...

Anyways, try pushing it downwards and still maintaining the wood pieces to hold and not fall.
Like so
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Ok, you need to get this straight, yes yours is an RG320FM orange, but the trem is an Edge Pro, not Lo-Pro edge. Only an Edge Pro could retrofit the older EdgeProII cavity, the LoPros cant. This certainly is NOT a LoPro
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
SHIT! Srry its either an edge pro II or III I'm not 100 Percent sure to be honest, all i know is that i can't really shove a piece of wood seeing that i've got some things in the way, i'll have to take a picture tomorow and show you.

EDIT** yeah i dont know why i thought it was that.. .