As an 18 yr old male i think i know just about everything about life, but this one has me stumped.

Valentines day, the day of love and passion has never been....well, filled with love and pasion. Far from it, i have never been dating someone during valentines day so have never EVER bought a Valentines day gift. But this year is different, ive met the woman i want to be with for the rest of my life and after 10 months of dating, 6 months living together, i now have to find the perfect Valentines day gift.

BUT WHAT DO I GET? Do i go for something practical? Clothing perhaps, or an ironing board cover? Or should i go all lovey dovey and get one of those cute bears that scream needless consumerism? Perhaps a gesture of love is the best, something like roses spread over the bed when she wakes in the morning?

I really don't know how it all works, which is why im turning to the good people of UG. I know for sure that lots of you have had valentines day gifts fail, and others succeed wth flying colours...So what works?

Thanks to anyone who helps in advance
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Your last 2 suggestions would be your best bet.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
write her a song or perform a song that fits. For me i'll be playing my girl vermilion parts 1 and 2 by slipknot because they're love songs.

~maggot
Quote by tonkpilsmaggot6
write her a song or perform a song that fits. For me i'll be playing my girl vermilion parts 1 and 2 by slipknot because they're love songs.

~maggot

No offence dude but you may have misinterpretted those songs.

To Aussie, I like the flowers on the bed idea, Ive come to believe that girls like that sort of romantic stuff...ofcourse roses are expensive...hmmm

Take her out to dinner somewhere and make her feel special, also try to work out what she is getting you so you know what bar to aim at. It might ruin the surprise but at least that way you don't go overboard...or under
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
take her out to a place she likes to eat...think of something casual...maybe a park or near a lake. cook for her.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by WrongWay
Dick in a Box

Quote by arsonite
Buy her a vacuum.

Lol at both.
i is cool
I cant believe no one has said buttsecks. Thats a record. Sadly though, Im not going to say it, Ill leave that up to someone else.

But something romantic is the way to go. The roses would be sweet, or dinner at somewhere fancy would make her feel like a princess, which is the way women like to feel. Men like sex. Women like to be wisked away by their knight in shinging armour. That is actually true, so make this memorable for her.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
I cant believe no one has said buttsecks. Thats a record. Sadly though, Im not going to say it, Ill leave that up to someone else.

But something romantic is the way to go. The roses would be sweet, or dinner at somewhere fancy would make her feel like a princess, which is the way women like to feel. Men like sex. Women like to be wisked away by their knight in shinging armour. That is actually true, so make this memorable for her.

thanks for not saying it
If you buy flowers, I suggest you don't go at the end of the day. There will be 37 other guys with you fighting for the last good looking flowers.
Buttsecks?

Nah - flowers are good.. I'm in a similar position. Just I'm 16, heh. I don't know what to do either.. I think I'm gonna scream 'hopeless consumerism'. I like that
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by tonkpilsmaggot6

~maggot

yeah um vermillion pt 1 hes more a homicidle rapist, but hey if girls into that type of thing. lol
Quote by Aussie Ghost
As an 18 yr old male i think i know just about everything about life, but this one has me stumped.

Well, you have modesty down good and your definatly not naive
buy her flowers, posh chocolates and a butterfly crotchless panty.

and go to a restaurant.

you're a bloke, and therefore can't cook for shit. Bad food is a turnoff.
Wow only 18 and already living together :O

I was still a kid at 18.

Im in a similar situation though, identical actually. I have never had a lover on Valentine's day, but now I too have the love of my life to buy for.

I was thinking of a night out in Paris or something. I just got a new job, so hopefully the money wont be an issue

Can I ask how you are affording to live together when you're only 18? You earning mega bucks already?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Dishwasher detergent. Or laundry detergent. She'll love you forever.

But seriously, get her a Christmas card. That'll scream "WTF?" and "LOL" both at the same time.
Shouldnt this be in the relationship thread? Anyway chocolates always work for me with girls.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Definitely take her out for a meal and flowers are probably a nice touch as well.

Also, try and get her some little things, maybe a tiny cute little bear and then a bunch of other little things that reflect things she likes or reference things that she's said to you that you might remember.
Give her fart on a bottle. Or make her cook for you.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem