Hey my band had a show a couple of nights ago at the Whisky. Here's a video of one of the covers we did -

The Fine Print - House of the Rising Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7JYtfbhhJA

We didn't want it to sound exactly like the original so we played with it a little,

all feedback appreciated, thanks!

if youre interested, a link to our site is in my sig
      Last edited by sidoody at Jan 31, 2007,
      Decent.

Your singer needs to learn to yell or scream, he voices cracks alot during it. The guitarist with the red guitar kinda killed the clean parts. And please if you guys are going to jump, learn to time it. You just keep jumping at random points and are never togather.

Cool that your playing at the Whiskey though.
      i thought it was pretty decent. btw, negative on the yell and scream i really think that wouldn't have fit a blues classic like house of the rising sun...was that solo from the song or did he make it up? cuz if he made it up it it fit perfectly. i agree with jerry on the jumping bit, it was a bit uncoordinated... better than standing around and making it boring though. 8/10 overall in my opinion, an excellent tribute.
      oh haha.. we cant practice jumping, we practice in a cage

oh and i didnt make up the solo, just did the organ solo on guitar and changed it a little
          Last edited by sidoody at Jan 31, 2007,
          only thing i didnt like was that flanger going throughout the song. it didnt really fit the song at all, it was just kinda there being annoying. same with the wah or whatever on the last chord of the intro. less is more with the effects sometimes. but overall i thought it was pretty good, . maybe extend that solo a little more and add a little more improv to it. it seemed like that last minute or so was just begging for a solo haha. I give it a B, without the flanger a B+.
          I agree with evansut7 about the overuse of effects. You didn't really need them on a song like that. Apart from that it was a pretty decent cover
          Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
          That he can't actually play!
          ok... Sounds WAY too clothered.. Singer seems ok, by the way at the start ye look funny with you "Jumpin around" sorta thing lol
          I agree with the poster who said that the effects were a little much. The wah at the end of the intro was OK, but the phaser was just over the top. Pretty well done video though, and overall I thought the performance was pretty good.
          Nicely edited video .

The effects were... interesting?

I think you should end the set with a little more energy, but that's just my opinion .

If your singer can't hit the high notes, you might want to try playing in a different key.
          Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
          Quote by utsapp89
          ^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
          Quote by FacingUsAll
          Nicely edited video .

The effects were... interesting?

I think you should end the set with a little more energy, but that's just my opinion .

If your singer can't hit the high notes, you might want to try playing in a different key.

haha thanks

they actually let us do an extra song after this one
              I enjoyed it, that bloody flanger got on my nerves though

I though the singing was pretty good, and you added your own twist to it, which is always good. Didn't like the ending much though, you should have rocked it out at the end IMO. Good job though.
              flanger, phaser, whatever it was. I don't know exactly, but hearing it swirl kept distracting me from the song.

anyway, the jumping was funny.

nice performance.
              I didn't really like the way the clean parts were played. I thought the effects went nice with it though. And I think you might need a new singer...
              Quote by TheEndHasNoEnd
              I enjoyed it, that bloody flanger got on my nerves though

I though the singing was pretty good, and you added your own twist to it, which is always good. Didn't like the ending much though, you should have rocked it out at the end IMO. Good job though.

haha yea the end wasnt really planned...

we were going to walk off stage one by one but i didnt want to do it so i kept playing lol