Ok my girlfriend plays acoustic and she wants an electric now. Her mum n dad are rich and they have the money to buy it for her, i how ever work at a corner store trying to save for a guitar because my folks cant afford one, and i play on my dads yamaha 300-10 acoustic while she plays her $750 ibanez acoustic.

SO the other day i was on the phone to my girl friend and she goes, guess what my mum might be buying 2 amps 2 guitars and 3 cases, one for me one for my girl friend.
Of course i will have to pay the mum back, but im stuck, i dont know what to get..
I have upto $1700AUS or $1,311.64 USD or 668.395 GBP to spend..

Now bare in mind her mum gets really good discounts cause she has bought a drumkit a acoustic amp and acoustic guitar from there...

I play all sorts of genres such bands as eric clapton (cream) jack johnson, metalica, slipknot, parkway drive, blink 182, SOAD etc etc...

I also have the problem as i dont know if i wanto play acoustic or electric..

So i need get some suggestions.. one of the guitars in the shop is a ibanez SAS36FM for $1000 its really nice, but my girl friend wants it and i dont want the same one as her. the shop has some ltd esp guitars fenders, no gibsons.. but i want a gibson les paul.. so im jsut confused on what to get, there also is a red joe satriani guitar i dont know the info or how how much.

And the amp we are looking at is a randall rg75dg2.

Any help would be a aprreciated. THANX
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
the js guitar is 1500-200aud.
ibanez rgs are pretty cool. u can get very decent ones for 1000 or so.
hmm i just dont know.. i need somethjign with alot of flexability.. if i cant get a LP from the store i would go to another... ive only been playing for like 5 or 6 months on acoustic, and my amp is so crap i dnt bother to play my electric atm.. $1700 is alot of money and i want to get something good, reliable etc...
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Fender Standard H-S-S Strat and a Vox AD50VT

Should be within your budget.
Dude, go along with her and play?

Where abouts in Brissie are you located?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
WTF a grand for an sas36
i saw them for like 700 at allans music, prbly less elsewere
and is that 1700 for amp + guitar or just guitar
if its just guitar, maybe get an rg1570
damn good guitar
but remember, most of your tone comes from your amp, so id focus more on that
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Im in morayfield... i can get a guitar for $1700 and wait till i save some mroe for an amp, i just wanto get the gutiar amp and case for $1700 and keymusic dont have many guitars but give my girl friends mum good deals, i wanto buy from allanz... and remember im not in a band or anyhting im just learning/beginning
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
easy solution to choosing between electric and acoutis... PIEZO!
I'd get a musicman luke with piezo. it has 2 single coils and a humbucker so you have a nice and versatile pickup arrangement plus the piezo give you the acousit option as well. plus the luke has one of the best necks i've ever played. i am not sure exactly how much it is but you might be able to get one.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
i could buy an electric and acoustic... if i really wanted..
But i think i hsould just go with electric, i just need direction cause im a n00b, when i go into allanz.. i feel like an idiot because im young and i cant play much... i dunno..
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
what about getting a epiphone les paul, or custom, and putting new duncan or DiMarzio
pickups/humbuckers in it?
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Quote by gface
what about getting a epiphone les paul, or custom, and putting new duncan or DiMarzio
pickups/humbuckers in it?

dont bother replacint the pups unless you have a good amp first
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Quote by gface
Im in morayfield... i can get a guitar for $1700 and wait till i save some mroe for an amp, i just wanto get the gutiar amp and case for $1700 and keymusic dont have many guitars but give my girl friends mum good deals, i wanto buy from allanz... and remember im not in a band or anyhting im just learning/beginning

I don't think your gf's mum is getting good deals there, if that Ibanez is AU$1,000 that's over RRP, shops will do that then knock a few dollars off and make you think you've got a bargain. As mentioned the ticket prices for that guitar are a lot cheaper elsewhere. All I'm saying is don't just shop at that one shop cause I don't think you're getting the deal you think you are.
Quote by Zofar
Fender Standard H-S-S Strat and a Vox AD50VT

Should be within your budget.

I doubt that combo would be able to handle anything remotely as loud as Metallica, or System Of a Down.
i will sell you one of mine :-)
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
you want to play electric - not acoustic... it's the friggin' 21st century.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!