i'm thinking about changing the string in my acoustic just because they've been there since my dad bought it (4 years ago) some cheap steel strings

i got some questions

can those strings make some dmage to the guitar?

which gauge would be better 9's or 10's? cuase i don't want the strings flopping around

here's a pic from the guitar if it helps

why don't you buy a new set of acoustic steel strings?

i know that the high E and B gauge 9 electric stings can be used on acoustics (according to ernie ball's packaging) but i dunno about the other strings.

EDIT: Nice hat. is it a hat? im not sure. oh well. nice hat.
dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or te neck will crack. and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
We never grasp self-realization, we are two abysses; A well staring at the sky.........
hey dont put steel strings on a classical guitar it will wreck it you put nylon strings on it
if hes so smart how come hes dead
Quote by -Intermission-
why don't you buy a new set of acoustic steel strings?

i know that the high E and B gauge 9 electric stings can be used on acoustics (according to ernie ball's packaging) but i dunno about the other strings.

EDIT: Nice hat. is it a hat? im not sure. oh well. nice hat.

yes, it's a hat, thank you

maybe i'll get some acoustic 9's cause a friend has some fender bronze 10's and the strings are really hard to bend
Let us know how the steel strings work on a classical guitar.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or te neck will crack. and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.

BAHAhAHAHAHAHA
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
Quote by IROBOTInferno

Neck never cracked on my classic when I had steel strings on it for 5 years, but I put nylons on it because I love the mellow sound. How come classic would crack and not Dreadnaught?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by IROBOTInferno

dumbass

well, those steel strings have been there for 4 years and the neck is perfect (mexican guitars are tough believe me)

of course, after changing the strings, if i see some problems', im going to switch them for nylon strings

EDIT:

Quote by CORT noob
Neck never cracked on my classic when I had steel strings on it for 5 years, but I put nylons on it because I love the mellow sound. How come classic would crack and not Dreadnaught?

the problem with is that i hate the nylon strings tone
Dude, you will warp and **** up the neck of the guitar. Possibly pull the bridge?? off as well.
Steel strings can do all sorts of bad things to your classical guitar.

Dreadnaughts won't stuff up because they are designed for the extra tension of the strings.

If you really hate the tone of nylon strings then why not go and buy a steel string acoustic guitar?
Oh and electric steel strings will sound shit on anything except for an electric guitar.
They are designed sot that he magnets in the pickups will pick up the movement of the string, which is different to the way acoustics work.
Quote by IROBOTInferno

Was this really nessasary? you didnt have to be and ass. Thats all im gonna say
Mah Gear:

Yamaha RBX374 Electric Bass (Broken)
BC Rich Warlock Electric Guitar
Yamaha F325 Acoustic Guitar

-Freekshowz-
i have an acoustic guitar. and i did changed it to elecric strings. well it sounds better to me and it is SOFTER and EASIER to bend the strings.
It's a differrent sound, I've already put some electric string guitar on my accousitc and it seemed akward, the sound was not as big at the normal string and seemed fake.

And btw you souldn't put some steel strings on a classical guitar. Classical guitar are made differently than accoustic and can't take as much pressure from the string, the strings could bend your neck or shit like that.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
A: Electric strings will **** up an acoustic guitar.
B: Electric strings will **** up a classical even more.
Dickless.
You should put some nylon strings on that guitar. But acoustic steel strings wouldn't be bad either. I've put electric strings on my acoustic before just because they were laying around and it works but really, acoustic strings sound better obviously because they're meant for the guitar.
yeah, you guys are probably right. haha.. i did it tomy guitar so that it gets damaged and my dad can buy me an electric guitar. hahaha
guys heres the solution... LET him put steel strings on his already crap ass broken guitar and let him break it completely so he learns the hardway. i'd much rather spend 10 bucks on nylon strings and have a sound i don't like then break my guitar and not have one at all, or go spend 700 to get a decent one.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
that definitely does appear to be a classical guitar. i wouldn't recommend putting acoustic strings on it as the way classical guitars are put together and braced isn't designed for that kind of tension. this can and most likely will cause some problems for you. if you don't like playing classical guitar then you need to buy a steel string acoustic. you can get a really decent one for $200. check out the sticky thread about best guitars under $300 if you're interested in playing steel string.

putting electric strings on an acoustic shouldn't do the guitar any harm, but it isn't going to sound very good in most cases. electric strings are considerably thinner than acoustic strings in general. an acoustic needs thicker strings to drive the soundboard.