So alot of you have wondered, much like myself. "What is the new 'Pumpkin's' album going to be like? Is it just Zwan? I don't know. People think James isn't in it. I also think James isn't around, but when I look at it, hasn't it been over a year since A Perfect Circle put out an album? Is it possible the other guys were there?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

PS. I did not know that this site was so intricate.
James is not in the studio with Billy and Jimmy, unless he's a closely guarded secret. But why do that? But honestly, Billy and Jimmy are all you need in the studio. As much as I love James, D'arcy and Melissa, Billy often played all the bass and guitar parts. Or at least overdubbed them all himself. I think the album is going to rock hard. It will be dense I'm sure.
I've been pondering on what the new album will sound like too, I haven't heard anything on James no D'arcy, very interesting how they won't deny it nor say yes to it, hmm
I don't think so much as D'arcy rejoining as James. Anyways, as secret as they're keeping it, something must be going on.
D'arcy's beyond a loss cause. Hell will freeze over before she rejoins. Although, I guess stranger things have happened.
D'arcy's beyond a loss cause. Hell will freeze over before she rejoins. Although, I guess stranger things have happened.

Billy's an idiot if he asks her to come back after the first time around.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I don't even know if any of them can even find her. James might know where she is. I don't know.
Last I heard, Johnny Law was ass****ing her because she's still a junkie.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Yeah being arrested for crack possession was the last i heard from her. Forall we know she could be clean with a family, or alternatively working the streets for crack money.

As for James and Darcy more than likely not being in, Billy is famous for doing most of the work, writing all the songs and playing all the instruments except for the drums (exactly why Jimmy being in is good). Don't get me wrong though, James still contributed to the band and co-wrote some of there best songs (Soma, I Am One) but really it's not the thing that's going to make this bad (if anything does). The thing that's gonna do that is trying to do a concept (like machina), bad production (like machina) and bad song selection (like machina).

Also it's not the same as Zwan, Zwan threw away alot of good songs because "they sounded to pumpkins". I just hope being under the pumpkins banner again allows Billy to write some good tunes.

"When we are victorious on a world scale I think
we shall use gold for the purpose of building public lavatories"
I liked Machina a lot. It was my introduction to the Pumpkins, although it should have been a double album. Damn Virgin.
I odn't know how i feel about this, i mean, i do love the pumpkins a lot, but without the entire band, it wont be as balanced. I think its gonna be pretty disappointing.
if the orginal line up came back together and toured they'd make a ton of money, but alas it's not about money and even though they're not reuniting, there sticking to their guns which is what an artist should be doing, and not try to"bring sexy back"

Melissa said she'd work with Billy and Jimmy again so that would be a plus to get some semi-old bloo back in. Darcy's clean on her horse farm managing antique stores.

I just bought all the Mellon Collie b sides (damn there's a lot) except for thirty-three and pastachio medley, for some reason itunes won't let me get that one. Can anyone send it to me on aim?

Also I think Jame's songs like Blew away and Go where he actually sang and such are incredible.
I heard the bassist from Janes Addiction was joining The Smashing Pumpkins. If that's the case I hope the album will be like Gish because that bassist always liked to get his say in the matter when it came to songs, and Gish was the album with the most audible bass in it.
Quote by uhh_me?
7/7/07 Zeitgeist
That is the new info on the album

Can you elaborate?

I really really want James to be back in although it doesn't seem likely...
And i hope they make something similar to Siamese Dream... even if that wont be original i don't care because that album kicks so much ass
Well, I would like to add more, but that is all that has been released to the public so it is all I know...
The Zeitgeist thing was something on a myspace bulletin from a Smashing Pumpkins site, apparently from BC himself. at least, that's what it said.
Yeah, it sounds like that's the name of the album. Means "Spirit of the times" in German. Pretty relevant, but I can't help but wonder if he's been listening to Nicky Wire recently.
another siamese dream... would that be good or bad?

in my eyes it would be ok, but i'd hope more for something along the lines of gish, but i think that's asking for too much, so i'd be fine with it as long as its not a Zwan/Machina/Billy's solo album sound. (a few exceptions in some songs)
A new SD. That would suck. Tremendously. Billy has always been know for trying out new sounds, and taking a step foward. Going back to and old sound would make no sense at all. he'd lose alot of respect in my book.
I'm back, you douchebags.
^^Agreed, even though I've not liked anything much post SD, any band going back to an older style of theirs is bad, as far as I'm concerned.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
From what i've read of the blogs we can definitely expect some very SD like guitar layering.
but it won't be a second SD.... the pumpkins were never a band to repeat themselves.

I'd love to hear a merging of SD and Adore vibes.... the meeting point between the electro touches and the walls of guitar.