Hi everyone, this should be my second post here or something like that, but I just bought a new guitar and have an odd slash really annoying and troubling problem.

I just purchased a new guitar that has three single coil pickups, each one of them being Seymour Duncan Antiquity I Custom Bridges. You know for a really good punchy sort of sound.

But through my setup, it sounds like royal crap. No matter which angle I am near my amp, there's a constant loud, and I mean LOUD buzzing/whirring feedback kind of sound.

And as soon as a string is plucked, there isn't nearly enough gain to really drive the guitar anywhere.

The guitar sounds fine and perfect on cleans, but when I turn up the distortion on my Korg, which I run into my amp when I change it to a clean setting, there's endless feedback, no matter where I turn.

So basically what I'm asking for is a recommendation of a good combo amp, roughly around $300 that I can get to push this strat beyond it's limits and such, while also being able to avoid (most) if not all feedback from the guitar.

(And yes, I understand that single coils get feedback easily, but this is in way too large amounts, which is why it causes me concern--hell it even drones out the music I try to play over!)

My setup:

Korg Pandora PX-2 into:
Mega DL-20 1x6'' combo amp
What kind of genre/style are you aiming to play? that affects amp choices alot, almost as much as price.
Get an ISP decimator and put it between your guitar and your amp. Problem solved.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
There are two options.

1. Noise suppressor such as ISP decimator, Boss NS2, etc.
2. Change pickups. Vintage pickups aren't noiseless and single coils will always have a 60cy/sec hum. You could switch to Dimarzio Area 58/61's, vintage output but noiseless and highly considered.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Hakanku
What kind of genre/style are you aiming to play? that affects amp choices alot, almost as much as price.

I'm not as dumb as some trying to really play metal on it, but like harder rock--quite possibly punk?

It's really hard to describe, but I could link a video from youtube if any of you really care to watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULkB06drCHs

The sound coming out of the lead guitar (the black guitar) is basically the sound I'm looking for.

I have that same guitar, just with a different body, but when the solo in the video comes on, I can't get my guitar to have that much push and the notes die quickly...if I can even hear them over the feedback.
Sounds like the Korg's noisegate may be screwing with your sound, I'd turn it off. I've never heard a decent distortion sound out of a multi FX tbh. Also check thst the pickups arenir too close to the strings. You're amps no great shakes either, it's unlikely that the speaker and enclosure are capable of producing a particularly pleasant tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Sounds like the Korg's noisegate may be screwing with your sound, I'd turn it off. I've never heard a decent distortion sound out of a multi FX tbh. Also check thst the pickups arenir too close to the strings. You're amps no great shakes either, it's unlikely that the speaker and enclosure are capable of producing a particularly pleasant tone.

Yeah, I tried it with using more noise suppression and less, but it honestly didn't make a difference to the sound at all. I had hoped maybe turning UP the noise gate/suppression would work, but it killed a lot of the tone that the Korg barely gave it, itself.