i restrung my guitar strings about one week ago... i was in the club room jamming on my guitar and the heater is on so its nice and warm. until my friend opened the door for about a good 3 min and i noticed all my strings were out of tuned. is it because of the cold air??
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
thats good~ the friggin head of the club was blaming me for the song sounding like shit because my guitar was out of tune. and i told him that it was the sudden drop of temperature and he kept saying "yah.. bullshit" and i wasnt 100% sure myself so i just took the blame
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
The strings, along with the whole guitar will expand and contract depending upon the temperature differences. Yes, your guitar went out of tune because of the temperature change, but with decent tuners/bridge it should have been fine. 3 minutes is not a lot of time for a guitar to expand & contract, but extreme temperature changes will knock it out.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'